Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

Yeah this season will be what it is. I'll be happy to get a few good days around here and hopefully out west for some. Can't say I'm too excited about skiing right now, but maybe thats because it was 75 and sunny all weekend.

This was a perfect weekend weather wise. Literally perfect. Twas grate.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Barb said:

Tried to make a reservation for Keystone just to get some time on the snow. Dates until then13th are full, dates after 13th are unavailable yet. Oh it’s gonna be fun this season with all the extra steps,

I have seen on FB people saying they are like the 15,000 th person in line to make a reservation.  Hopefully they get the kinks worked out of it, or once more gets opened it gets easier.  Will be interested to see how things go for you at CB with reservations.  (hopefully they go well)

20 hours ago, Barb said:

Tried to make a reservation for Keystone just to get some time on the snow. Dates until then13th are full, dates after 13th are unavailable yet. Oh it’s gonna be fun this season with all the extra steps,

How long after the reservations went online did you check?  Looks like more place should open out there in the next week or so and things spread out more.  It’s gotta be especially rough for the people who are used to skiing almost everyday.  

• Like 1

I wasn’t waiting in line for the 8 am reservations going live time. I guess since Keystone is the only game in town close to the front range (wolf creek is a drive) people want to get out and ski. I am hopeful once other places start to open things will die down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you going back to steamboat??  I only skied there two days in 2014 and they weren’t Perder days. 

May be. There wasnt a single thing I disliked about my Steamboat trip other than when I thought the shuttle driver was double charging me for the hot springs trip. Whoops!

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

May be. There wasnt a single thing I disliked about my Steamboat trip other than when I thought the shuttle driver was double charging me for the hot springs trip. Whoops!

Pops and I briefly discussed it for the tickets I snagged for the first week in Feb. The DEN - HDN hop was selling for like $30 each way. But I couldn’t justify to myself visiting the Boat a third time without checking out anywhere else out west.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Pops and I briefly discussed it for the tickets I snagged for the first week in Feb. The DEN - HDN hop was selling for like $30 each way. But I couldn’t justify to myself visiting the Boat a third time without checking out anywhere else out west.

Understandable. I quoted the same condo we had last year and it's $2K for a studio room. It was so damn nice doing a ski in/out, I'm spoiled now.

In terms of terrain...Crested Butte makes Steamboat feel like Love Park.
  • Haha 1

@Barb can’t be asleep at the wheel!  I was in line at 8am for the 9am EST reservation window opening.  If you were in the waiting room before it started, it randomly assigned you a number in line.  I was just under 100,000 I think.  

I reserved Presidents’ Day, and every weekend that I’ll be in CB for a total of 7 priority days, and will snag the weekdays as they become available during the “week of” reservation window.

Ah shit, now I am panicked. Had a lot going on this week so I guess I have been asleep at the wheel. 

edit: ok I just went on Epic and made reservations for the first 2 weekends I will be in CB (4 days total). Took less then 1 minute. Whew. 

Edited by Barb

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep they cancelled the planned opening this weekend.

Now hoping to start Skison at Hunter on Nov 20. Probably take off the Friday to ski with smaller crowds than the weekend will see.

Can hunter open on 4 forecasted nights of snowmaking weather?