Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

4 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Blue will make snow tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  This will be enough to survive Friday, Saturday, and Sunday warmth.  They will open this weekend and continue making snow next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  See ya’ll this weekend!

4 hours later...

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

lots of activity on the blue cams today. someone was working on a gun on main st. for quite a bit, bike racks being removed from 6er. also removed some shack and wood rack from next to the arborvitaes where they do weddings. gettin excited

Edited by theprogram4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Schif said:

I kind of hate you work from home types who can just go away for an extended period of time. 

Same.  I'm able to work from home on occasion (i.e. doctor's appointment/kid being sick), but I don't work from a laptop so I can't work from wherever I want, or more than every once in a while

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Blue will make snow tonight, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  This will be enough to survive Friday, Saturday, and Sunday warmth.  They will open this weekend and continue making snow next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  See ya’ll this weekend!

Tuesday and Wednesday nights they will make some snow but I believe more of a snowgun year than stockpiling snow given the mid range forecast for warm temperatures Thursday through early next week but things are trending colder beginning around Thanksgiving. With any luck we’ll be skiing the first or second weekend in December.  

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Tuesday and Wednesday nights they will make some snow but I believe more of a snowgun year than stockpiling snow given the mid range forecast for warm temperatures Thursday through early next week but things are trending colder beginning around Thanksgiving. With any luck we’ll be skiing the first or second weekend in December.  

On the highway today I noticed there were barely any leaves left on the trees.  That’s when it hit me...”this is how it looks when I drive to blue!”

I think it was this that has me today looking at long range forecasts, seeing three days of borderline snowmaking temps, and getting excited hoping for a miracle lol.  But right now I’m guessing first week of December 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Apparently there’s a tent at the Buckmans in Whitehall. Seems late for their tent sale. 

Tent sale was Wednesday through Saturday I think.  They had one in October and one last week.  I'm not sure if they usually have 2, but the ones in Exton seemed to have a lot of stuff both times

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dude you remember everything. Scary.

Yup everything about everybody.  A gift and a curse.  Works well with customers and remembering girls birthdays. Also good for getting on the scholastic scrimmage team in high school but I feel like @enjoralas was more of a legend at high school quiz shows on public access TV

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

12 minutes ago, Benm said:

the coverage in that photo looks like it was taken march 15 when blue decided to wrap it up for the season for reasons not related to covid.

The one year Blue closed around April 1st and had two bonus weekends and two pond skimmings I believe 2014.  Blue has been open in April more years than in November.  If you get both in one season you might as well just blast this song and the one year atomic Jeff skier killington in May and June.  I skied killington as late as 5/20 and as early as October. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

true, thats why it's sort of in jest. earliest start ever helped temper the fact that they closed with full coverage. its just like damn. 

If I owned Blue I’d open this weekend...I’d make it happen...but only for Season passholders and everybody on opening day gets a blue mountain mask...

15 minutes ago, Benm said:

true, thats why it's sort of in jest. earliest start ever helped temper the fact that they closed with full coverage. its just like damn. 

Early openings are like stealing..cause years they don’t open well into December there is extra pent up demand by then so just a lot more people those early days. I don’t remember last season being that crazy opening weekend and also Root Friday.