12/29...Windy..OK

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was 30 degrees and windy under overcast sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, BenM, Mixilplix, Tele Matt, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Rodney, Drew, Indiggio, Tarponhead, ZZSlope, Enjorales Cousin, C1 and Nastar Glenn. 

First civilian six pack and down a rough icy ungroomed Razors..then two in a row on Main Street which mice cord carpet on the top half and ok but stiffer and mini cookies on the lower part.  Paradise was frozen and loose granular not good like the last few days. Yesterday’s warmth followed by overnight freeze deteriorated the conditions from an 8 out of 10 to a 5. 

We mostly rode the quad to avoid the snowguns on Sidewinder. Switchback is now open but I didn’t ski it. I’ll give it a day for the cookies to get churned up and smoothed our.  Last run we took the Main Street chair and did widowmaker to midway to little gap to Burma to shuttle to lower park. All was nice except widowmaker which was mini cookies.  All in all a fun short session but not the titty sparkles of yesterday.  

Theres still a pair of size six Columbia boots in the lot.  The only people I can see them fitting are Mrs. snowbunski and Kyle.  JADIP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Morning and afternoon session people overlapping. I bet the pizza stand is doing well.  

The pizza and bbq trucks were closed by 7 last night. I was surprised they didn't try to stay open a little longer. 

I thought the top half of lazy mile was in the best shape, although nearly got taken out by a gaggle of BMR, one who came about a foot from the front of my skis before turning away. Switchback was enjoyable, not too many cookies or marbles. Pretty solid though. Fortunately I switched feet on the skis today so I had a fresh sharp edge.

There was some form of cookies on every trail..I took switchback as a first run and it was bullet proof cord ..Came back to it later and it was staring to get cleaned off...Nothing really stood out as ROTD.....Although they did seem to get Falls smoothed out...

Saw lots of noses and some maskless people in the lift line....Dropped a dime on a few of them to the lift attendant...I just don't understand why this is such a struggle...

And those little race punks never look up hill when they come to trail intersections..

But I guess I really shouldn't be bitchin cause things could be worse.....

20201229_082445.jpg

20201229_083128.jpg

20201229_083630.jpg

20201229_091421.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Mix is always coming through with the sweet pics. My daughter and I will be there later tonight.

just a heads up that the student passes are not valid this week, not sure if you saw that or if it's what you're using. they neglected to add that fine print in the original email they sent.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Thanks man. Even after 3pm?

from what it looks like, no access this week at all.

"A reminder that Dec 26th - Jan 1st is a holiday week. We are open 8am-9pm for skiing/riding and 9am-9pm for snow tubing. Student season passes are not valid this week."

• Thanks 1

It was nice today. From the start Paradise was surely the best, but by 11am it acquired quite a few icy spots, which was a surprise given how well it held in the past days. Switchback didn't have any cookies at all, but it did indeed require sharp edges. Dreamweaver on the other hand had plenty of cookies.

Crowd wise it was enjoyable up until about 10:30am, after that the wait on the expresses became irritating and we retreated to the slow lifts. When there was an attendant at the sixer, he went in rounds picking people from each column. If there were only two or even one person in a party, he generally tried to fill the chairs up to 3, but never to 4 asking all involved if they're OK riding together. So gimmicky. I remember good old times when people were yelled at for riding six pack in groups smaller than 5. These days I feel like I'm riding a limo on the way to the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

It was nice today. From the start Paradise was surely the best, but by 11am it acquired quite a few icy spots, which was a surprise given how well it held in the past days. Switchback didn't have any cookies at all, but it did indeed require sharp edges. Dreamweaver on the other hand had plenty of cookies.

Crowd wise it was enjoyable up until about 10:30am, after that the wait on the expresses became irritating and we retreated to the slow lifts. When there was an attendant at the sixer, he went in rounds picking people from each column. If there were only two or even one person in a party, he generally tried to fill the chairs up to 3, but never to 4 asking all involved if they're OK riding together. So gimmicky. I remember good old times when people were yelled at for riding six pack in groups smaller than 5. These days I feel like I'm riding a limo on the way to the top.

It’s wild that they are taking a raging pandemic seriously by asking people if they are comfortable riding with people outside of their party. So gimmicky. 

Enjoy the limo ride to the top. You’re at a country club now. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, eaf said:

You’re out of fucking touch with reality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Honestly if I'm not riding the lift with pasr people I'd rather be solo.  Saturday was kind of a free for all with random people jumping on the lift with me even though lift lines were non existent 

Did I miss how all of the PASR got vaccinated? This makes no sense. If you’re that concerned, ride alone and make no exceptions.

• Like 1