1/23/21..broken zipper..nice snow..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. Today began with a bit of a snafu as my zipper got jammed and then my aggression broke it.  All good jacket is 7 years old and worked out to about 30 cents per ski day on it.  

Not doing an in the house cause in frustrated from spending the last hour looking for a temporary replacement jacket to use in the interim while waiting for something better to arrive from online.  

Onto the skiing, Challenge was ok to start but became a cookie factory. Main Street had a combination of fresh cord and new manmade Poe.  Sidewinder had fantastic cord and most of the Root rollers were smoothed out. Switchback was a carpet and had a sweet run on midway to little gap to lower Burma. Was chilly with my jacket wide open..and the parking lot was cold as well and now I have a ton of cheese balls thanks to Mute and Ryan. JADIp

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

This morning was a beaut. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwich I can hook you up with one of my old jackets if you need one. My park jackets used to be pretty big when I thought that was cool. You definitely need one.

ED905D3A-4FD0-4BCD-A76C-FFD8033134E2.jpeg

If you want to bring it that’s cool.  Thanks.  I think buckmans is doing especially well. Stuff in their discount area was so picked through.   

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich I can hook you up with one of my old jackets if you need one. My park jackets used to be pretty big when I thought that was cool. You definitely need one.

I did the same on the ride home...Big thanks to Mute....Had some fun laps with Mute and Boo Bear but once the line got past the scanners I called it...

@GrilledSteezeSandwich I have an XL black Burton jacket you can use if you want,,,It's in great condition...It does have a hood though...and I'm not sure I will be at Blue tomorrow....

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Nice balls!  Big balls!  I mean, thats a nice big thing of cheese balls. 

• Like 1

If you want to bring it that’s cool.  Thanks.  I think buckmans is doing especially well. Stuff in their discount area was so picked through.   

If you want you can have my grey one. I know you don't need or probably want free shit but you're doing me a favor by taking it. I'll probably never wear it again and I'm ocd about keeping stuff I won't use.

I did the same on the ride home...Big thanks to Mute....Had some fun laps with Mute and Boo Bear but once the line got past the scanners I called it...
[mention=512]GrilledSteezeSandwich[/mention] I have an XL black Burton jacket you can use if you want,,,It's in great condition...It does have a hood though...and I'm not sure I will be at Blue tomorrow....

You’re getting the hang of those planks on your feet [emoji6] good talking with you and fun laps!

48 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I would think with all the networking he does that he would have a connection to a dry cleaner/tailor

Nope and when I worked at Merrill lynch 18 years ago I went to one. I already had the conversation on the lift..the last time I wore a dress shirt was at Shadows wedding. 

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

ahh...the before times.

Wao, we were sophomores in high school when GrilledCheese was wearing a fancy suit and tie and making bank at Merrill Lynch, and PASR wouldnt be founded for another year. Also, I wouldn't meet @toast21602 for another 14 years.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wao, we were sophomores in high school when GrilledCheese was wearing a fancy suit and tie and making bank at Merrill Lynch, and PASR wouldnt be founded for another year. Also, I wouldn't meet @toast21602 for another 14 years.

I didn’t make bank there lol..and was actually like 2001-02. I was a paid intern there summer of 99

• Thanks 1

Is this her first day skiing?  Looks busy on the cams tonight. 

Third. I took her a few times when she was younger and she never really wanted to go back until this year. Tried to get her a 5th grade ski pass but they didn't offer it this year. She did really well.... didn't make it up to paradise but she's close. Had a blast. And yeah it was a freaking zoo. Not sure the point of limiting ticket sales if lines are going back to the turnstiles anyway. Ski school hill wasn't bad but the six pack and quad was insane.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Third. I took her a few times when she was younger and she never really wanted to go back until this year. Tried to get her a 5th grade ski pass but they didn't offer it this year. She did really well.... didn't make it up to paradise but she's close. Had a blast. And yeah it was a freaking zoo. Not sure the point of limiting ticket sales if lines are going back to the turnstiles anyway. Ski school hill wasn't bad but the six pack and quad was insane.

That’s pretty much how it was late morning.