1/30/21..bright sunny day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Went back out at 11:30 for sloppy seconds and only did 1 run before getting a delicious woodstove pizza.

VIP line wasnt what it used to be - still took 10 minutes for the 6'er. Last year it was usually less than 3 minute wait. Then Challenge was crap-ola compared to last Sunday. Full of stupid loose granular. It was much better in the early morning. 

Nonetheless the snow was really really nice everywhere for the first 1.5 hours. JADIP

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Really fun day except for the crowds. Razors first thing was $$$$$ with some blow over for stoke. One and done though as the race team took over. Everything else was great as was sleepy hollow glade which I skied twice. Fun day!

IMG_20210130_090156.jpg

Forgot to mention Sleepy Hollow. Surprisingly nice turns in there today! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I also got to ski a run with Salty

@AtomicSkier said he would have bestowed his skiing wisdom unto me if I had waited for him at the top of the Challenge Express... But I did wait at the top and only @GrilledSteezeSandwich stopped to ski* Midway with me. Atomic just blew right past 💁‍♂️

I still have no idea what a "Pocono Shuffle" is but apparently I'm doing it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by saltyant
* ski = see GrilledSteeze blasting down the mountain waaay ahead of me and out of sight, but it's all good in the hood

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

First civilian 6-pack and I began on challenge which was super good but only held up for a short time..apparantly Razors was titty sparkles. 

I did Challenge first too because everyone else went to Razor's and I liked having the run to myself. It was nice but wouldn't call it was Fluffy-backed Tit-babbler sparkles.

~~Karen voice~~

The “grooming” on the top 1/3 of paradise was unacceptable. Literally frozen marbles from edge to edge of the trail. Not a big deal for people on this forum, but for a green trail meant for beginners they need to do better. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

WJW just is a real thing. I thought you guys were just making stuff up. 

Yeah it looks just like how I ski but don't care, I have fun doing what I do 😎

Salty you’ve been having fun and getting after it this season so no hate from me.  I’m gonna end up with 20 days at blue in January so definitely getting my moneys worth.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, antman12 said:

~~Karen voice~~

The “grooming” on the top 1/3 of paradise was unacceptable. Literally frozen marbles from edge to edge of the trail. Not a big deal for people on this forum, but for a green trail meant for beginners they need to do better. 

Agree 100% but people will pay $ to ski regardless of how many marbles Blue makes on the trails, so doesn't seem that Blue has much of an incentive to do better. If a trail's all marbles, I won't do any more runs on it, but for beginners they're kinda stuck on Paradise most of the day so that would suck for them.

Elk or Montage never has marbles (when I go at least), does Blue just half-ass grooming or is it from all the traffic? (legitimate question, not being a wise guy)

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Agree 100% but people will pay $ to ski regardless of how many marbles Blue makes on the trails, so doesn't seem that Blue has much of an incentive to do better. If a trail's all marbles, I won't do anymore runs on it, but for beginners they're kinda stuck on Paradise most of the day so that would suck for them.

Elk or Montage never has marbles (when I go at least), does Blue just half-ass grooming or is it from all the traffic? (legitimate question, not being a wise guy)

grooming mostly and quality of snow being produced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Agree 100% but people will pay $ to ski regardless of how many marbles Blue makes on the trails, so doesn't seem that Blue has much of an incentive to do better. If a trail's all marbles, I won't do any more runs on it, but for beginners they're kinda stuck on Paradise most of the day so that would suck for them.

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

grooming mostly and quality of snow being produced. 

Blue makes awful snow. I’m not trying to crap on Blue because they’re the best all around mountain in our area, hands down. But they’re snowmaking is horrendous. Most of their guns look like they’re from the 70s lmao. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Blue makes awful snow. I’m not trying to crap on Blue because they’re the best all around mountain in our area, hands down. But they’re snowmaking is horrendous. Most of their guns look like they’re from the 70s lmao. 

not 100% true. their new guns put out fantastic snow if they try. The snow they put down on Razors this morning was magical compared to the cookies elsewhere. Consistency is their issues. Inconsistent snow making, inconsistent grooming. 

Their quality may be horrendous sometimes, but the amount of snow they can put out to get us on snow ASAP early season is top notch.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

not 100% true. their new guns put out fantastic snow if they try. The snow they put down on Razors this morning was magical compared to the cookies elsewhere. Consistency is their issues. Inconsistent snow making, inconsistent grooming. 

Their quality may be horrendous sometimes, but the amount of snow they can put out to get us on snow ASAP early season is top notch.

Good and fair post. Agreed, consistency is certainly an issue. 

24 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Interesting.  did you find todays conditions awful?

For blues standards today was mostly good. But to Toasts point, inconsistent. Switchback was good! Paradise was brutal. 

• Like 2