Jump to content

New Lift for Blue?


billskis
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

@Benmany radio chatter about what all the poles they've laid down the middle of Main St will be for? I'm curious how much of the new lift's root is going to be over Main St and if there will be a tower in bounds

 

Somebody remind Jim Daly to order lift tower pads in case some of the towers are in the middle of trails and @Papasteeze bring about 100 PASR stickers to Blue opening day.  I bring a five pack of Yoo hoo for you and @saltyant to Cher

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats probably just leftover @mbike-ski equipment they found in the woods.  

Whatever they're for, they're messing with one now on the cam. It looks like they intend to put a tower in that cleared area we saw in the bike video lookers left of main, then jump over to just off the right side, but the straight lines I was messing with on Google maps doesn't jibe with being able to do that and end up where the old doubles did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

@Benmany radio chatter about what all the poles they've laid down the middle of Main St will be for? I'm curious how much of the new lift's root is going to be over Main St and if there will be a tower in bounds

 

no, but i'm not really paying much attention. 

what do you mean about ending where the old doubles are? this is what i'm thinking it'll look like (top is where main st chair end, bottom is warmng hut and it lines up pretty well with the clearing from the video, the area cut out above the school hill and the area they've been working on that just grazes lookers right of main st --

image.png.3cc370c4f93a28d74c68d903b12d5241.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

if there will be a tower in bounds

good question. i just checked where I'd expect the poles to be if none were to be inside the trail. there are no poles on the sixer that come close to covering that distance (biggest i could find was 60ft short, tho elevation plays a factor and i can't see that). maybe they can if the towers are pretty tall.

as long as they don't turn the cams off, we're gonna find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Benm said:

no, but i'm not really paying much attention. 

what do you mean about ending where the old doubles are? this is what i'm thinking it'll look like (top is where main st chair end, bottom is warmng hut and it lines up pretty well with the clearing from the video, the area cut out above the school hill and the area they've been working on that just grazes lookers right of main st --

image.png.3cc370c4f93a28d74c68d903b12d5241.png

I wasn't sure if they would use this line, since if I recall correctly it runs right down the center of the skiers right upper learning hill, so I was playing with the different corners of the warming hut and the upper house of the doubles, but it seemed like any line that wouldn't run right down the middle of that learning hill would put a decent amount of the lift in bounds on Main. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea how construction of a new chairlift usually goes but is this something you need to submit plans to the county for? If so I'm surprised someone hasn't dug up a set of drawings that show the route. Maybe I'm off on that though and they don't need to submit anything publicly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Schif said:

I have no idea how construction of a new chairlift usually goes but is this something you need to submit plans to the county for? If so I'm surprised someone hasn't dug up a set of drawings that show the route. Maybe I'm off on that though and they don't need to submit anything publicly. 

I would have to assume this has a lot of plans and permitting in the works.  I seem to recall they got a little heat from some type of government agency over the digging of one of the snowmaking ponds.  Like i think they just all of a sudden decided to dig one out of the blue, maybe cause they were bored.  

I wouldnt want to put up a device made to carry 1,000's of people in the air on my property without permits or inspections, no matter who actually hold the contract for it.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Schif said:

I have no idea how construction of a new chairlift usually goes but is this something you need to submit plans to the county for? If so I'm surprised someone hasn't dug up a set of drawings that show the route. Maybe I'm off on that though and they don't need to submit anything publicly. 

More lane for eastward expansion, though I’m sure those parcels were included in the maps Ben made up last year. Planning minutes from March 2021

 

 

F9C5799D-20E0-4019-B8CA-B427A3466540.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

Blue is really committed to not tearing down that metal power line structure thingy.

Probably trying to figure out a way to sell it. 
 

NMLOTT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blue is dropping 3-5 Milly on a lift for all of us that is a decade past due....three high speed lifts delivering a 16 pack worth of efficiency and you don’t have noobs getting slammed by mid 80s chairlifts and the lifts at Blue have always been tame.  Nothing like a lot of the old school t bars, riblet double chairs, mad river glens single chair the only chair I wouldn’t love to ride with nastar Glenn. 

 

Its gonna take a bit more efficient snowmaking firepower to go to the valley opening weekend but now that Glenn Hurrican Schartz is retiring it is rumored that he has picked up a little side hustle with a little consulting gig about how to read a radar, wet bulb temperature, short and long term forecasts and the chance that I’ll still have red solo cups leftover from closing day in the backseat of my car and I threw out the Boilo cup from Ben M’s thermos chased with some stone IPA that Matt edge specifically brought because he used to drink Stone IPA in 2015..cool story Hansel. 

 

And I’m saving my buddy pass for the 2022-23 season for Barb Green except if Zonked or Schifdawgs aunt needs a buddy pass..

 

 Blues new super summit safari six pack will get people to the slopside bar and grille and high elevation true blue ski shop, they’re gonna do more revenue at their summit...at least according to insider information from a 9am marketing department stand up meeting. it actually might spread the people out a bit.  More people might even park at the top...can get to their mug club a minute faster...and I don’t hate on the top lodge just rather end my skiing session skiing vs lift riding and traversing...

 

Honestly if they keep the 8am weekend opening time and 9am weekday opening times which they will then I’m not tripping...they’re on top of shit and they know if they ever want to reach out to me for consulting they have my email.  

 

Thrownack Tiesday for all y’all🌮🤷‍♂️🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎🛎

21BF731E-86AD-47B4-90F9-2FEE116DA97C.jpeg

9BC84C0B-B4A9-4888-AEDE-23FA0AE2F729.jpeg

C3FE4C8B-0D00-4E76-8D3D-F88B2264125D.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, toast21602 said:

 

 

thanks for those pics. answers the question about whether or not there is still a break between chute/midway.

also, look at all those chairs lmao.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

 

 Blues new super summit safari six pack will get people to the slopside bar and grille and high elevation true blue ski shop, they’re gonna do more revenue at their summit...at least according to insider information from a 9am marketing department stand up meeting. it actually might spread the people out a bit.  More people might even park at the top...can get to their mug club a minute faster...and I don’t hate on the top lodge just rather end my skiing session skiing vs lift riding and traversing...

Summit Safari Super 6 Pack Supreme

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I wonder if they will regrade the bottom of Burma so its a little easier for people to get on shuttle?  They should have some dirt they need to get rid of. 

That would be great for snowboarders. Although, with no lift to have to avoid it would be easier to get to shuttle, but a regrade would be great.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I wonder if they will regrade the bottom of Burma so its a little easier for people to get on shuttle?  They should have some dirt they need to get rid of. 

I'd like to see a regrade of the lift line as well. In my mind it would make sense to make that a trail since it is already cut but I know there are no lights or snowmaking and my mind thinks like a skier and not a business owner. Maybe it can be like Coming Soon where it is only open with natural snow and even then you get yelled at by ski patrol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

 

interesting to see the chairs off of the learning hill lift. i wonder if it's general maintenance or something else. sort of weird how they're missing on both sides.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...