Jump to content

New Lift for Blue?


billskis
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, rgrwilco said:

seriously. Camelbacks looks almost completed. At least blue’s it won’t take 5 years to install like Magic’s quad. (Hopefully)

image.thumb.jpeg.1e70a92b0b6fb7cf39d7368f3585784c.jpeg

Watch this year be crazy cold and everyone open for thanksgiving, and blue opens with just vista chair  due to the new lift still not being done.

Looks like it might be rope installation day at Camelback

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

there were few people that day, and it was maybe the heaviest falling snow I have ever witnessed.  However, the wind was so strong that razors and challenge were sheets of ice, while other trails had waist deep snow drifts.  Allentown was only supposed to get 11 inches, and blue less with the snow supposed to be stopping on our drive up.  However, it never stopped, just kept dumping and dumping while we were at blue, and continued on the way home.  476 was a fun drive home lol

The next big blizzard I’m sure the dealership you work for will let you borrow one of their AWD loaner cars. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, Schif said:

Maybe, and this is pure speculation, since Blue and Camelback are the same company now they are using the same construction resources on both projects. I mean there can't be that many people on the East Coast that know how to install chair lifts right? Maybe the crew over in Tannersville will come over to Blue once they are done there and put in the more technical and higher visibility things. 

No, Blue's is being installed by Leitner-Poma and Camelback is Doppelmayr. They are fierce competitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Edit: the baby that the singer needs is skiing…a thing of us are ready to murder the perder and I like this time of year way better than in late April and may when I have PPSRD post pocono skiing and riding disorder…

This helps a little with the PPSRD although being bombarded with Brand name advertising is a pain ,still a fun night out. 

http://www4.northampton.edu/kmanna/WM_Web/index.htm

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I can just watch endless ski videos on YouTube. 

Yes but YouTube doesn’t give door prizes.
Elk tickets although blackout dates but I remember Killington and Sugarbush tickets. 
Not sure if there’s any of those this year? TBD  . Killington is listed as a sponsor so I imagine they’ll kick in something. 
My som won some Blue passes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Also looks like the circus is in town. 

Unfortunately, I think within the next decade most areas will have a circus of their own. It will be kind of like the 70’s and 80’s with resorts investing into snowmaking. Those who did stayed afloat, yet many who didn’t became nelsapped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: Blue lift install versus Magic install, somehow I doubt the lift engineering department at any major manufacturer would add two years into an installation by speccing the wrong sheave arrangements - where Magic got reamed by a third party engineer.

Blue's done some interesting stuff before but unlike the summit lodge overhaul (millions over budget) or the new trail build (six years late) they aren't making it up and paying as they go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

Re: Blue lift install versus Magic install, somehow I doubt the lift engineering department at any major manufacturer would add two years into an installation by speccing the wrong sheave arrangements - where Magic got reamed by a third party engineer.

Blue's done some interesting stuff before but unlike the summit lodge overhaul (millions over budget) or the new trail build (six years late) they aren't making it up and paying as they go.

Welcome to PASR the new summit lodge isn’t even that much different than before, just a spruced up ballroom and the slope side.  Most of it is the same as it’s been since the 80s. The lower lodge is a gem and probably cost a whole lot less..it’s much more utilitarian..better bathrooms and plenty of benches for inside booster uppers.  They even have benches in the bathroom in case you want to change with the smell of urine and French fries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

$17/hour to install a lift seems awfully low

Look at the duties for $17 an hour, such as laboring in high alpine settings where the oxygen is thin and extreme mountain weather is encountered, such as sudden unpredictable blizzards and gale force winds. Do they provide parkas and oxygen masks for the crew? I could probably make $17 an hour at Burger King grilling your onion rings like the real Slim Shady yes I'm the real Shady, and I don't even have to climb any ski lift towers and suffer frostbite and hypothermia from that brutal eastern Pennsylvania Himalayan-esque climate.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Look at the duties for $17 an hour, such as laboring in high alpine settings where the oxygen is thin and extreme mountain weather is encountered, such as sudden unpredictable blizzards and gale force winds. Do they provide parkas and oxygen masks for the crew? I could probably make $17 an hour at Burger King grilling your onion rings like the real Slim Shady yes I'm the real Shady, and I don't even have to climb any ski lift towers and suffer frostbite and hypothermia from that brutal eastern Pennsylvania Himalayan-esque climate.

Epic post I didn’t know you liked Eminem.  I like the peanut MnMs lol

  • Boner City 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Epic post I didn’t know you liked Eminem.  I like the peanut MnMs lol

Has any rapper in history fell off harder than Eminem?  First three albums were classic, then almost everything since has been straight garbage.

”Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all.”

-JayZ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Has any rapper in history fell off harder than Eminem?  First three albums were classic, then almost everything since has been straight garbage.

”Fell from top ten to not mentioned at all.”

-JayZ

Once he turned 40 he was on the porch telling stories drinking a 40 and a bottle of jack with two grand kids on his lap babysitting for Haley while Haley was out getting smashed.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...