The 2022-23 ski season thread.

I can officially say I’m starting to get excited for the upcoming ski season. Some years by early august I’m sticking my head in the freezer making raps about lazy mile but this last summer I’ve stayed pretty occupied between karaoke and selling memorial stones.  I’m gonna try and watch some ski videos I’ve never seen before.  

The Egan brothers are legends.  One of them was at a ski movie when I was in college but I was just interested in the stickers and brochures and free fun size candies at some of the booths.  

On 10/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, Barb said:

Copper mountain started making snow today. First in CO

Copper is consistently good..the one total junkshow weekend pow day was insane but 95% of the people took the main Roots so I scored pow all morning searching out the nooks and crannies.  I’ve been stopped for speeding there almost as much as at Jackson hole.  Their patrol doesn’t like when I use slow signs as gates.  I believe last season at JH I got stopped by a patroller who I passed kind of tight like 2 hours into the trip. 

reminds me I need to have my skis tuned the bases are dryer than Toast and the edges are duller than a butter knife.  

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Copper is consistently good..the one total junkshow weekend pow day was insane but 95% of the people took the main Roots so I scored pow all morning searching out the nooks and crannies.  I’ve been stopped for speeding there almost as much as at Jackson hole.  Their patrol doesn’t like when I use slow signs as gates.  I believe last season at JH I got stopped by a patroller who I passed kind of tight like 2 hours into the trip. 

reminds me I need to have my skis tuned the bases are dryer than Toast and the edges are duller than a butter knife.  

At Jackson do they take down your info when they stop you?  Like a warning?

33 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

At Jackson do they take down your info when they stop you?  Like a warning?

I believe they only ever took my info twice and one of the times was the last day of my trip.  What’s funny is the speed patrol guys at JH ski Mach schnell when me and atomic Jeff and NMSki and whoever else is out there ski Mach schnell the first few runs and then slow down in the whoa zones especially like Casper apres vous and bottom of amphitheater…plus those areas are really congested anyway so better to Hollywood under the lift with slow deliberate turns and rhythmic pole pants. I still might get told to slow down but not like the movie ski patrol where it’s a crazy chase. I saw this movie in the theaters twice in 5th grade.  It was rad

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I believe they only ever took my info twice and one of the times was the last day of my trip.  What’s funny is the speed patrol guys at JH ski Mach schnell when me and atomic Jeff and NMSki and whoever else is out there ski Mach schnell the first few runs and then slow down in the whoa zones especially like Casper apres vous and bottom of amphitheater…plus those areas are really congested anyway so better to Hollywood under the lift with slow deliberate turns and rhythmic pole pants. I still might get told to slow down but not like the movie ski patrol where it’s a crazy chase. I saw this movie in the theaters twice in 5th grade.  It was rad

I watch this with my kids at least once per year.  Growing up, my sister used to dress and act like the character "suicide" and do all kinds of crazy out of control skiing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1