The 2022-23 ski season thread.

2 hours ago, Barb said:

2FFAAB78-A2DA-493E-A174-F43ADF49A24A.thumb.png.4d6b5f58ab55ceabbf39523996ebeff4.png

wow I wish my gym had this! Lol. It would be nice to not feel like I am having a heart attack early season skinning. 

A gym that I belonged to about 15 years ago had one of these things, but I wasn't really skiing at the time and I never got a chance to try it.  Looks kind of fun though.  

image.png.43eb2708c060deb95cdeb7290ab7331f.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barb said:

Ha!  I looked at those, really expensive. But yeah, would love it if my gym would buy one. 

I started doing these exercises right before ski season a few years ago and I'm never tired or sore:

• Like 1

Holy crap. My healed broken knee hurts just watching that 😂. Seriously though, thanks. Always looking for ski prep stuff. I do think you are just a fit beast with alien genetics and that’s why you don’t get sore or tired, you weirdo!

Depends; I am a creature of habit. Don’t like going outside my 5 mile square box in Boulder to get all my errands run. My gym is not the most well run. Yesterday I showed up at 7:30 and whoever was supposed to open I guess was too hungover. I waited until 8:15 then left. I was annoyed. 

17 minutes ago, Barb said:

Depends; I am a creature of habit. Don’t like going outside my 5 mile square box in Boulder to get all my errands run. My gym is not the most well run. Yesterday I showed up at 7:30 and whoever was supposed to open I guess was too hungover. I waited until 8:15 then left. I was annoyed. 

Wow I thought gyms open at like 5am. Pretty much everything I do in Allentown is on my way to and from work.  It’s probably why I only have 34,000 miles on my car in four years.   My office says 8am on the door and the only time in there that early is when housekeeping comes but we are appointment only.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, Barb said:

2FFAAB78-A2DA-493E-A174-F43ADF49A24A.thumb.png.4d6b5f58ab55ceabbf39523996ebeff4.png

wow I wish my gym had this! Lol. It would be nice to not feel like I am having a heart attack early season skinning. 

That's pretty cool . I happened by a yard sale one year and snagged a Nordic Track for $15.00 LOL. I used it for 6yrs before having to replace a drive wheel $75.00 . I set it on the highest  angle with a lot of resistance and put leg weights on . It's not quite what that gym has but it works ok . 

I'm in trouble this year though I haven't been on once yet . 

5 hours ago, Barb said:

Just gonna bump this for stoke and also ABasin now has two Roots open.  Lucas already has 5 days in..I think he went to winter park today. 

16 hours ago, NMSKI said:

A gym that I belonged to about 15 years ago had one of these things, but I wasn't really skiing at the time and I never got a chance to try it.  Looks kind of fun though.  

image.png.43eb2708c060deb95cdeb7290ab7331f.png

Big Al has one I bet he'd be happy to sell... Let me know if anyone is interested, and I'll check with him..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

Give these a try!

I can't pistol squat due to my lack of ankle mobility.  I can do a regular pistol squat if I elevate my heel, but this guy has some flexible hips in order to do that sideways thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

I can't pistol squat due to my lack of ankle mobility.  I can do a regular pistol squat if I elevate my heel, but this guy has some flexible hips in order to do that sideways thing!

I tried these this morning. I’m, wow, I suck. 😂. Especially the bad knee. Amazing how after 8 months there is still a strength deficit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barb said:

I tried these this morning. I’m, wow, I suck. 😂. Especially the bad knee. Amazing how after 8 months there is still a strength deficit. 

Yeah, trying to do them right off probably isn't going to happen.
There are countless videos on progressing from barely a knee bend to all the way down, just takes time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, Barb said:

Took me 18 months after my tibia plateau fracture to get back to 100% in strength and stability. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

wow thanks for sharing for those of us who don't have internet access to the webcams. 

I appreciate Grilled Steeze posting this webcam picture. I get all my news from this site and wouldn't have known that there is snow at Arapahoe Basin Ski Resort because I don't go on any other websites on the interweb except for paskiandride.com.

• Like 1
  • Love 1