12/12…best conditions of the season…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a quick morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. The temperature was in the mid 30s under overcast sky’s and light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Rodney, Root, Bethlehem ford guy, Harold and Oz.  

First civilian six pack to coming soon which had a delightful natural packed powder surface.   Was really good conditions and smooth cord.  The junky snow from the weekend on lower paradise was covered up and very pleasant although a little slow.  Me and Atomic Jeff with Drew right in our tails lapped coming soon six times..debooted and I was back on the road headed to work at like 10:05. Here at work now already took one phone call…JADIP

3E8788AE-0024-458F-B118-2C403AC27F4C.jpeg

19D8F971-D2D6-4CEC-893A-DE799A565B67.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Boner City 1

I found out the reason for the new trail name Curzis Cabin.  A man named Curzi has a cabin and property on the other side of the overflow lot at Blue and Blue has been trying to buy that land for years and Curzi finally sold the property as long as Blue named a trail after him.  

Apparently the plan is to turn the tubing area into a learning area, extend Main Street onto the current learning area and move tubing across the street. 

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I found out the reason for the new trail name Curzis Cabin.  A man named Curzi has a cabin and property on the other side of the overflow lot at Blue and Blue has been trying to buy that land for years and Curzi finally sold the property as long as Blue named a trail after him.  

Apparently the plan is to turn the tubing area into a learning area, extend Main Street onto the current learning area and move tubing across the street. 

This one, as well as 8-32A-12 below it:

image.thumb.png.c8cefb9105f1e4488e7be4fbdb829e89.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Great idea to look there. Can't wait until they move toobing over there so they can get the gapers out of the Main Street area. Skiing Main Street top to bottom straight down without having to do those annoying flat areas will be sick 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Great idea to look there. Can't wait until they move toobing over there so they can get the gapers out of the Main Street area. Skiing Main Street top to bottom straight down without having to do those annoying flat areas will be sick 

Also worth noting that they also own the giant parcel to the left of this on in the pic, so plenty of space to set it up right over there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Cool photo so I think his entrance or one of his entrances was from the back of the overflow lot.  Would be cool to live there could walk across the street and hangout with Matt edge and concussion Ted

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich this is getting good. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool photo so I think his entrance or one of his entrances was from the back of the overflow lot.  Would be cool to live there could walk across the street and hangout with Matt edge and concussion Ted

Apparently D Scott Curzi lived in Pburg all his life until he died in 2009. Famous Pburg high wrestler and a historian. His son sold the lot to Blue in August:

Justin Scott Curzi to BMR Resort LLC, Denver, Colorado, property at 415 Blue Mountain Road and Lot 1, Richard A. Person Subdivision, $500,000.

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

Apparently D Scott Curzi lived in Pburg all his life until he died in 2009. Famous Pburg high wrestler and a historian. His son sold the lot to Blue in August:

Justin Scott Curzi to BMR Resort LLC, Denver, Colorado, property at 415 Blue Mountain Road and Lot 1, Richard A. Person Subdivision, $500,000.

I like how Blue has a Colorado connection.  Ski2Live spent last December in Colorado in this song but really he was at a swanky motel near the foot of hunter mountain.  

• Boner City 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:56 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I love all of this so very much. Not gonna lie KSL is coming in and kicking ass. I give them a 9 out of 10 so far. if they build a strattonesque base village next I'll bump that up to a 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Finally a decent post from you!!!

B4FDA685-5328-4CC7-B5D0-6ACCD2473971.png

All my posts are fantastic. I'm only 183 points away from achieving my lifetime achievement goal of Gold Medalist. When this happens I think PASR should rent me this Yoohoo Fountain for the day.

678035248_NewBitmapImage.jpg.3e89b0fd5f4416ad8c0c7cb195dd7232.jpg

Edited by saltyant

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

All my posts are fantastic. I'm only 183 points away from achieving my lifetime achievement goal of Gold Medalist. When this happens I think PASR should rent me this Yoohoo Fountain for the day.

678035248_NewBitmapImage.jpg.3e89b0fd5f4416ad8c0c7cb195dd7232.jpg

Wow I don’t even keep track of the medals…I’ve always been platinum in my mind except at Nastar and spelling bees.  I did win a geography bee but only for the grade no big dealio.

ski content. The guns are blasting at Blue and looks like fresh chalky man made Perder on the east side of the horseshoe and lower Vista.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1