Official Main Street Express Opening Thread

saltyant

47 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Did the new lifts base station use any of the parking lot?

I don’t believe so since it took the footprint of the former ‘warming hut’ for ski school. I don’t frequent that part of the parking lot enough but I think it’s still the same.

• Like 1

@saltyantthanks for starting the report thread for today.  

I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning but finally arose from my slumber at 6:23AM…I shit, brushed my teeth, put in my contacts and got dressed and was on the road by 645am.  I arrived at the lower lot at 7:20am and it was in the upper 20s under cloudy sky’s with moderate winds.  

In the house was everybody except Atomic Jeff, Toast, Justo, KevinThomas, Rose, Schifdawg, Kyle, Ski2Live and Eaf.  

First run on Razors was better than expected 7 out of 10 with ok grooming and surface.  Next up was Main Street which was fantastic on the top and bottom half was sort of choppy and brown.  Paradise had ok snow but crowded.  I mainly skied Main Street and also did a run on Burma which had nice fresh man made silk Poe.  

I wanted to take the new chair but wasn’t that thrilled with conditions so quit around 925am and some PASRs hanging in the lot and most headed out for opening remarks and the new lift.  The new lift seemed to stop a lot and when I left Blue a bit before noon, it wasn’t running and nobody was on it.  Not to worry, new lifts come with a 30 day warranty.  

All in all I got some ok runs in and had fun hanging with the PASRs.  Ski most of you tomorrow. Also snowguns we’re on the entire time I was there on nightmare to dreamweaver and coming soon.  It’s still below freezing in Allentown.  

27602A9D-A81C-49AF-ADA5-24B88037CE23.jpeg

BDF76090-25A2-479F-B553-52C1C421D29A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Conditions were kind of meh. First run on razors was decent but everything loosened up rather quickly and the sugar was vast. Upper main was decent, lower was a disaster. Lazy was brown. Upper para was good. Lower was crap. They're so thin everywhere but where were they making snow? Coming soon (fine), NMDW (probably for the park), and Yeti. It didn't make any sense to me. Either way today was about the new lift. Ben, Glenn and I scored 3rd chair (second if you don't count the winners). Once the main street express opened the line at the 6 became non existent. 

IMG_20230114_100913_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230114_100905_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I played the most dangerous game and ended up sleeping until 620 but was only 2 or 3 minutes behind.

Snow was just ok but I think we are now at the point we just have to happy to have some.

I expected more theatrics for the new lift, I would have done it at night so you can really see all the fireworks and lasers throw in some dry firing cannons and solid gold dancers and now that's a way to open a lift

• Like 8

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Did the new lifts base station use any of the parking lot?

No, once the contractors move all their gear out. Some parts left over laid down near the main road. 

One run on Razors and one on Main, and then I called it a day. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It seems to be getting shorter every season too. I swear back in the day you could get two or three but now it's one and done 

You’re correct, getting two razors runs now on a weekend is like catching lightning in a bottle and soon they will have the elite PARA championships so razors will be completely closed.  Get it while you can.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think tomorrows conditions will be better than today but a lot of people for not a lot of terrain.  

It'll be shit sticky snow in barely snowmaking temps for show, but yeah it'll be great.

Edited, just checked my pics from last yr

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re correct, getting two razors runs now on a weekend is like catching lightning in a bottle and soon they will have the elite PARA championships so razors will be completely closed.  Get it while you can.  

I propose the public gets to ride Razor's Edge every other weekend, and the race team can get some other trail like School Hill or Pioneer Pass.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1