Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Then you sort of know what red means..oh and you’re going to Utah..have you heard about soaking?  My friend Dennis who lived in Utah and worked at deer valley was telling me about it..it doesn’t involve a Jacuzzi that would be a soak before a soak.  

Yes I heard of soak. I think it's what the Mormons do when they spray each other with Super Soaker toy guns.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He’s from the reading area and he’s FB friends with a DJ I know and I trolled him in comments lol but that’s back when I was immature and tactless.  

O’Doyle rules.  And his ex wife has the Karen haircut and crazy Courtney has her same haircut. It’s definitely a high maintenance cut. 

0726003C-30D1-4BE3-9797-6E740974E32D.jpeg

Not sure if he still does, but he used to work in IT for Amazon. Kept me waiting 30-45 minutes for a circuit install in Quakertown a few years ago, no one else could let me in their IT cage, he had the only key, lol

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mute1080 said:

If wants to go to Roundtop this weekend, I received a bunch of promotional tickets. It's their last weekend and their half open but it's still free and they have uphill.

I don't really want to drive out to Roundtop, but uphill has me 5% interested. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just checked the park city forecast looks like you’re having some excellent spring skiing.  

The shuttle driver said we're getting a foot of snow tomorrow. That's not what my weather app says. That guy was telling us fake news

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

The shuttle driver said we're getting a foot of snow tomorrow. That's not what my weather app says. That guy was telling us fake news

Start us a good TR @saltyant we're all back in PA depressed the only midweek option is Big Boulder.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Start us a good TR @saltyant we're all back in PA depressed the only midweek option is Big Boulder.

That’s what I’m saying, I feel like part of being on PASR is posting up reports with some pictures.  I honestly only like taking pictures of sandwiches or selfies with drunk people at the bar but I try to include pictures on my ski trips for the culture.  

big boulder ugh 😩 but at least they’re providing something and looked decent in C1ers post.  The top of razors yesterday may have been mad River Glen or Valdez Alaska compared to big boulder.  Now the liftee I know said Blue had snow stockpiles somewhere.  I don’t know Oz thinks they’re gonna blow later this week.  They could hmmmm 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s what I’m saying, I feel like part of being on PASR is posting up reports with some pictures.  I honestly only like taking pictures of sandwiches or selfies with drunk people at the bar but I try to include pictures on my ski trips for the culture.  

big boulder ugh 😩 but at least they’re providing something and looked decent in C1ers post.  The top of razors yesterday may have been mad River Glen or Valdez Alaska compared to big boulder.  Now the liftee I know said Blue had snow stockpiles somewhere.  I don’t know Oz thinks they’re gonna blow later this week.  They could hmmmm 

I think Vails fast one preserving BB base to try and claim last to close may have put a bug up KSL's ass, who knows.  They could push NMDW and run it alone from the quad possibly keep tuts and connector alive and maybe keep Burma going with a little snow making.  We sha'll see, I'll post some pics from Stratton late this week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I hope they didn’t stockpile snow. They let Switch disappear, and it was only open for about 2 weeks. Should’ve used it there. 

It shows how much longer lasting the early runs held up that they blew on all season vs the late arrivals.  The last day sidewinder was open I skied it a lot and same with the last day of challenge and the chute.  I’ve never skied the chute so much.  That’s the spot for the early corn.  Later corn on Razorback and first section of sidewinder.  

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Barb some days I don’t even feel like going to blue rather sleep in or go to work but I go just so I can write a report and always glad I went. 

Ive never had one of those days where I regretted having got up and gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Blue had a working winch cat they could have kept Razors alive for another week by pushing snow back up to cover the shit stain and farm the bumps and elsewhere into a WROD on the left.

Imagine Blue blowing a Challenge glacier all season and just run the Comet into late April.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

If Blue had a working winch cat they could have kept Razors alive for another week by pushing snow back up to cover the shit stain and farm the bumps and elsewhere into a WROD on the left.

Imagine Blue blowing a Challenge glacier all season and just run the Comet into late April.

How deep do you think they’d have to blow challenge, falls and homestretch to make late April. Not so much now but once we get into April…unless it’s abnormally cold, that sun angle just vaporizes them snow so fast. 

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How deep do you think they’d have to blow challenge, falls and homestretch to make late April. Not so much now but once we get into April…unless it’s abnormally cold, that sun angle just vaporizes them snow so fast. 

Ever see how deep they blow Superstar?
With those old guns on Challenge they could blow it 15' deep of frozen gak easily and with a working winch cat, keep pushing what moves down back up to the top.
I think the problem would be more keeping a route from the Comet to Challenge open.
They did a great job with Homestretch this year and they sacrificed Falls.
Maybe Razors would be a better choice with all the urea BMR puts down?

24 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Ever see how deep they blow Superstar?
With those old guns on Challenge they could blow it 15' deep of frozen gak easily and with a working winch cat, keep pushing what moves down back up to the top.
I think the problem would be more keeping a route from the Comet to Challenge open.
They did a great job with Homestretch this year and they sacrificed Falls.
Maybe Razors would be a better choice with all the urea BMR puts down?

So why not run the OG six pack then. I was also thinking if they did something like this maybe sell a spring pass…

• Like 1