Weekend Roll call thread 12/2-12/3…

GrilledSteezeSandwich

$57 for a 4hr ticket is quite reasonable. Actually may show with the teens if

1. The current forecast holds with much less chance of rain in PA than in NY or VT

2. There is a worthwhile trail offering compared to JF (which will only have 2 blue runs with 400' vertical).

3. They open the upper lot

If the briefly posted 13 trail count holds true, what do folks think the offering will be? I'm sure some will be of negligible interest like Tuts, Homestretch, Crossing . . . 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If the briefly posted 13 trail count holds true, what do folks think the offering will be? I'm sure some will be of negligible interest like Tuts, Homestretch, Crossing . . . 

i'm thinking locks are burma, main st, paradise, coming soon, come around, vista (if you'd even want to count that).

also, about the brief 13 trails posting, someone else commented that they had seen it but it was gone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm thinking locks are burma, main st, paradise, coming soon, come around, vista (if you'd even want to count that).

Worth paying to ski that over Jane's and One Park at Frost if Hunter is a washout.

Want to get all the skiing I can in for my girls before we hit Beaver Creek 12/23

34 minutes ago, Benm said:

also, about the brief 13 trails posting, someone else commented that they had seen it but it was gone.

Main street would be baller for opening, thats the only one i would put a question mark on, unless you are just counting lower main.  its so hard to see what they are doing on upper main.  Need @Dirtwolf to fly the drone.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Worth paying to ski that over Jane's and One Park at Frost if Hunter is a washout.

Want to get all the skiing I can in for my girls before we hit Beaver Creek 12/23

One park and Janes?  Damn.  they really been going all out to achieve that.  

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Main street would be baller for opening, thats the only one i would put a question mark on, unless you are just counting lower main.  its so hard to see what they are doing on upper main.  Need @Dirtwolf to fly the drone.   

yes that is worth mentioning. lower main clearly in play. it sounds like they're working on upper but its always hard to tell.

or @Dirtwolf could just walk over and look for us

Edited by Benm

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

$57 for a 4hr ticket is quite reasonable. Actually may show with the teens if

1. The current forecast holds with much less chance of rain in PA than in NY or VT

2. There is a worthwhile trail offering compared to JF (which will only have 2 blue runs with 400' vertical).

3. They open the upper lot

Why does the upper lot matter?   You won’t be there.  

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why does the upper lot matter?   You won’t be there.  

It doesn't matter really - that was a joke.

But I am a diehard upper lotter since before there was a lower lot.

Little Gap class of 1981. 

Yeah I'd rather be at Hunter if rain doesn't force my hand

25 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Looks like the snow is blowing on Burma, Vista, midway, lower main, coming soon, p diz, and maybe lazy...

blue_1.jpg

blue_3.jpg

Not bad - that is 4-5 distinct runs if they pull it all off

And I can see how they would count 13

21 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was there couple weeks ago for a hike, looked like some paving and improvements to upper lot. That’s ok, I’d rather more folks park there. 

I didn’t even go in the upper lodge all last season. I was telling people that the new lift setup, likely means less business for the upper lodge retail and dining establishments.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I didn’t even go in the upper lodge all last season. I was telling people that the new lift setup, likely means less business for the upper lodge retail and dining establishments.  

Rumor has it that the paved section in the top lot will be "preferred" parking.  AKA paid parking.

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Pretty sure the spots right in front of the lower lodge are going that way too. But not paved yet. 

Bet our row gets even more popular.

Enjo you just gotta arrive a little earlier or you’ll be parked in Kansas..plenty of dust in the wind in Blues lot lol