1/4/24…pretty nice/mild.

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 36 degrees under cloudy sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, TP4 and the Bethlehem ford crew.  

First took the super summit safari six pack to easy out vista midway to lower main and the snow was pretty nice and smooth with a some mini cookies on lower Main Street. Repeated that two more times then took the quad to coming soon which was similar smooth and mini cookies but pretty pleasant. Lower Paradise is still pretty thin and upper paradise is now open. Repeating coming soon two more times and then ended a quick 7 run session on midway to lower Main Street.  

They might get upper Main Street open for the weekend and definitely lazy will be back as tonight will be very good snowmaking conditions.  Plus the 3-6” of snow we get overnight Saturday will make for some nice packed powder once the groomers do their thing. 

JADIP

C4B07086-4826-45EC-9B47-C2228AF8F258.jpeg

62CEEDE8-7AAA-4A93-95F1-166A0D24AEA3.jpeg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 36 degrees under cloudy sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, TP4 and the Bethlehem ford crew.  

First took the super summit safari six pack to easy out vista midway to lower main and the snow was pretty nice and smooth with a some mini cookies on lower Main Street. Repeated that two more times then took the quad to coming soon which was similar smooth and mini cookies but pretty pleasant. Lower Paradise is still pretty thin and upper paradise is now open. Repeating coming soon two more times and then ended a quick 7 run session on midway to lower Main Street.  

They might get upper Main Street open for the weekend and definitely lazy will be back as tonight will be very good snowmaking conditions.  Plus the 3-6” of snow we get overnight Saturday will make for some nice packed powder once the groomers do their thing. 

JADIP

C4B07086-4826-45EC-9B47-C2228AF8F258.jpeg

62CEEDE8-7AAA-4A93-95F1-166A0D24AEA3.jpeg

Thanks for the trash can lifestyle shots

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Two runs on an empty Paradise first thing, then the rest of the morning on Coming Soon until the Paradise run out got too crowded. Good times. 

How was upper Paradise?  I didn’t even know paradise was open until near the top of the first quad ride…seemed like the most popular run earlier.  

• Like 1

Work has been brutal so my only chance to get out was today at 130. It was soooo nice just to stretch the legs and glide but I was surprised how decent main street was. 

Some skeet shots and glacial spots around but generally soft and good grip. Around 3 they turned on rasins, upper lazy, upper main and tubing. I had to peace out at 330 but they were still messing with some guns as it is hyper windy and as always it wants to go to Cherryville. 

Most interesting was the gentleman discussing the urinals when I went in to pee. They were all about the sensors and what not so maybe we are getting new facilities. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

Most interesting was the gentleman discussing the urinals when I went in to pee. They were all about the sensors and what not so maybe we are getting new facilities. 

Don't tell too many people but snowtubing's bathrooms are way, way better than those in the ski area. There are so many more stalls like at Bucees, it's dank. I can change out of my ski gear in peace without some Jerry knocking on my stall door. It's pretty sick, bro.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Don't tell too many people but snowtubing's bathrooms are way, way better than those in the ski area. There are so many more stalls like at Bucees, it's dank. I can change out of my ski gear in peace without some Jerry knocking on my stall door. It's pretty sick, bro.

Blue needs the old school locker room like in the bottom of DV. Mad peeps are old and want to change indoors so get a decent setup. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Change in the parking lot like a regular steezer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He was going to get an oil change lol

I thought everyone dresses up for an oil change. Anyway, snowtubing bathrooms are radical, but don't tell too many people or they'll be crowded and full of doo doo like the ski bathrooms.

52 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I thought everyone dresses up for an oil change. Anyway, snowtubing bathrooms are radical, but don't tell too many people or they'll be crowded and full of doo doo like the ski bathrooms.

The lower lodge bathroom was already destroyed yesterday ten minutes before opening ding Dong..at least my sense of smell still work. 

• Sad 1