January 7

zzslope

I almost didn't make it out today. I mean I didn't make it off the mountain. The lines were packed in between the new six and the quad and you couldn't tell which line was which anymore. When I came down off Main Street, which was great, there was no way to get off the mountain without elbowing my way through the crowd. Not a great look. 

Lazy Mile was really nice too, but I spent most of my time in line today. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich write your report.

Ok I will but gonna be a little different…no list of people in the house..and sorry earlier stopped at work after full of fine meats and sort of felt unfulfilled with the skiing this last weekend.  It’s like the sort of feeling when I was simping on this girl after I had fun with her and then she stood me up a couple times in a row…and I had that WTF feeling..…a lot of people had that feeling.  

They set their alarms absurdly early..the poor ones without garages cleared the snow off their cars..allowed plenty of time for the drive.  Arrived..booted up..got in line even earlier than normal…knew it wasn’t gonna be boner city Pow but packed Pow is pretty nice…board lift…lift stops…lift starts..lift stops…I mention sausage sunday..meat is not on peoples minds..lift starts..lift stops..finally reach the summit.  

Main Street nice snow..frantic shit show of people…get to bottom..long as line go all the way right and it’s about a 15 minute wait…so the top Main Street again and I milked it a little. Skied it in 55 seconds instead of in 49 seconds..total clusterfuck of people already on shuttle.  Bigger clusferfuck at the base…go all the way right cutting the line as much as I can and somebody was yelling the lines back here..I just assumed they were yelling at Root or Toast so kept cutting. 

Another 15-20 minute line quad not running but some Pow hounds patiently waiting for the quad to run and the quad did run at 9:45am but was one of those to little to late things as another couple thousand people there.  

Lazy mile was good and the boarders and extreme type skiers were having fun going up on the left wall then blindly back onto the trail…I give them goobers credit, they got on the road early today and the roads weren’t bad but didn’t stop some from driving half the speed limit on wet pavement.

Parking lot was fun…common theme was how many runs did you ski…I think Nancy won with 7-8 but she said since she’s a girl people don’t yell as much at her for going far right on the super summit safari six pack.  That loading area is just so compact. Bethlehem ford crew did 4 runs took them another hour longer than us…BenM also brought lift snacks he shared with some and then for the parking lot as well. Dino nuggets with hot sauce…

Today I was in my ski clothes for 7.5 hours and I skied 3 runs…JADIP

363DD0B6-C8F1-4356-A03B-A95F05FA2076.jpeg

DD9658F6-776E-49CD-B29F-A816AB4BE716.jpeg

28D5336A-F5E4-4979-A32A-A62E70254E45.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Grate report!! Reminded me of A Christmas Story when they're in line to see Santa: "What do you think you're doing, sonny? The line ends here. It begins there." Guy points to back off insanely long line that stretched all the way to Terra Haute.

Then after waiting for an hour, get kicked down the slide by Santa with a boot labeled "KSL Resorts". Ho, ho, ho.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 2

Lines got bad at JF too today - by around 920. Prob not as long as Blue - but the runs were shorter. Got 7 runs in before quitting due to lines. 

Real nice skiing surface with as deep fresh show as I could want and even skied a bit of their glades. 

20240107_081558.jpg

20240107_081703.jpg

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 3
  • Boner City 2

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Lines got bad at JF too today - by around 920. Prob not as long as Blue - but the runs were shorter. Got 7 runs in before quitting due to lines. 

Real nice skiing surface with as deep fresh show as I could want and even skied a bit of their glades. 

20240107_081558.jpg

20240107_081703.jpg

Thanks for posting about Jack Frost in the Blue trip report thread!! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Grate report!! Reminded me of A Christmas Story when they're in line to see Santa: "What do you think you're doing, sonny? The line ends here. It begins there." Guy points to back off insanely long line that stretched all the way to Terra Haute.

Then after waiting for an hour, get kicked down the slide by Santa with a boot labeled "KSL Resorts". Ho, ho, ho.

Even the days at JH I stand around a lot it’s cause it’s for avalanche control and I know I’m gonna get a couple of Sickbird Pow runs  Just depends if the juice is worth the squeeze. 

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

20240107_081558.jpg

20240107_081703.jpg

How was Floyd’s??

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for posting about Jack Frost in the Blue trip report thread!! 

It’s not my thread y’all go crazy I was just about to talk about all the fine food enjorales prepared….

Burnt ends, several kinds of sausages, pork loin, steak sandwiches with multiple kinds of cheese and he was making some sort of veal when I left.

There was even a tent..I helped setup one of the corners which was Rad…kept snow off the food   

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Law made the internet 

1FE0F599-553B-4168-A660-063835CFEBD2.png

This is the best thing to come out of today!  Nothing better than a Jlaw photobomb. This needs to be framed up somewhere. 

blue is getting hammered on their FB post. 100 negative, pissed off customers, and that 1 fucking “you're my boy blue” guy. Its pretty good entertainment. 
how they thought things were going to go well with 1 lift running is an epic fail. Hopefully they will be prepared next time, cause it was fucking amateur hour at best.
every resort is/was crowded today.  Thats unavoidable. But blue needs to get their fucking lifts to run, and honestly, this should all fall on management, not the people that actually showed up and i am sure took it in the ass while management hid inside. 

• Like 8

Got there a bit later than I wanted, delayed by getting everything loaded and arranged for the tailgate. Couldn't do it last night with the snow since I don't have a bed cover anymore.

Got to the lot about 750 and booted amd at the snow by about 810. Line for the super 6 was already insane, at least halfway to the OG 6 with the intermittent stopping and the quad not spinning. Pops and I talked about what we wanted to do. 

Noticed that the quad started moving slowly then stopped, but I figured that meant they were working on it and hoped it would open soon. Between the long line, the zoo we could see on Main St already, and the knowledge that unless they hiked no one would have gotten Paradise yet, we decided to go wait it out.

That ended up being a *much* longer wait than I would have ever expected, and we ended up waiting about an hour and 20 minutes or so for it to open about 940. We realized pretty quickly we were pot committed as the super 6 line ballooned behind us. There was no way I was getting in that line, so it was either wait it out for one really nice Paradise run, or leave. 

When it finally opened we were on about the 5th chair or so (with Nastar Glen)  that wasn't the race coaches who got to line up inside before they opened the gates. They all went right to Coming Soon to work on setting up for their training, so to me no big deal letting them in first.

They'll run was great, some fresh on top of the fresh cord. Felt like about 3-4 inches. Easily run of the year so far for me. Got down to the bottom and put the skis back in the locker and headed to the lot to cook.

Actually wondered while standing around at the quad if we would get out there and find out everyone had left to do something better with their day because of the shit show, but most were still hanging around. Pops headed right out, knee is bugging him and he wanted to get his snow removal done. Wasn't actually feeling the tailgate and debated just heading out, but ended up setting it up and had a reasonably good time.

• Like 4