January 7

zzslope

@GrilledSteezeSandwich write your report.

I was so stoked pulling up to the mountain…Fresh snow rocking out to Katy J Pearson. Multiple PASRs in the house already. White everywhere. It was gonna be a good day! But leave it to our boy Blue to crush our hopes and dreams. First ride up broke down multiple times. We watched as the hoards came down from the top praying that the quad would start turning. Upper lower main and the line was backed up from the super summit safari to the clock tower…already. Waited, back up and back down. The line was now almost backed up to the quad….just past the 6 pack. Waited one more time and ran another realllllllyyyyy good lazy run but he lines were too much. The snow was packed powder. And lazy was especially good but it wasn’t worth the crap show lines. I’d say around 10 the quad finally started by that point I was one hot latte and. Chocolate chip muffin in…and the boots were off. Ben and mbike went back out. But by that point the masses have descended on blue. It was a shame too cause today could have been the best of the season had the lifts simply been running. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Everyone seems shocked but deep down they new this show would happen. GSS is right it’s not a powder day. Blue needs the $$$ after missing out on the Christmas and New Year’s. Silver lining is that these people are helping us out with subsidies.

I got lots of stuff done at home this weekend. 
Forecast is not horrible after the monsoon. 

37 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Blue didn't do themselves any favors today..

I’m kinda over the nonsense. From bowling balls on lazy yesterday to 1 lift running the morning after the first storm in 2 years. They wanna charge big boy and big girl prices but they don’t run it like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’m kinda over the nonsense. From bowling balls on lazy yesterday to 1 lift running the morning after the first storm in 2 years. They wanna charge big boy and big girl prices but they don’t run it like that.

Did Blue even set up ropes in the lift lines to funnel people so it’s not one giant free for all?  For me I don’t care so much that I got three runs vs 9 or something it’s more that today really really makes the place look bad for the casual people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It sucked so bad if not for sausage sunday I should have stayed in bed.  

At least you didn't have to shovel and had sausage. I shoveled heavy shit snow at 4:30 am to get first tracks at Camelback, only to have to deal with incompetency and ridiculous bull crap.

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many runs did you ski?

Maybe 5 or 6 runs before the insane crowds came. I got robbed out of my first tracks because the stupid "new" 6 person lift was 30 minutes late. I skied down to the beginner lift because it beats standing around, but it didn't open until 830 so I hiked back up to the main area 

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

Today was a day. Drive up sucked, the lines were absolutely unbearable. Snow was great, parking lot was phenomenal. 

This might have been the first day at Blue where I would say that the snowboarding part of being there wasn't worth the trip. I've legitimately had more fun on days with terrible conditions. The mental hurdle of fighting that hoard every run was just too much. 

Also there were Dino nuggets and veal so today was a good day, thanks for that guys. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've skied smuggs in a absolute monsoon, stood in line forever to go up Collins or at Dv over Christmas, fuck I skied Spring Mt for 12 hrs the day they opened and endless shit fuck snow but this might be the worst day on skis. 

You can say so many things about blue but overall is the same thing everywhere with KSl/Epiq suck the value out while increasing prices. Let them have their days where they make bank but the amateur hour at the Apollo stuff is just embarrassing. They are in a tough spot with the weather but you gotta be smarter shit it's not like you don't know how many tickets you've sold. 

Outside of the blue shenanigans everything else was top notch. Mtn looked awesome and the snow in the morning was super nice.  Major props to enjo for cooking up a feast to make up for the epic lines. 

They are getting anhilated on IG 200 comments just roasting them 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

ZZSlope already wrote the report lol

Have fun skiing a night sesh. I'm sure there won't be any lines at all now that 3 ski lift chairs are functioning!!

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No report ZZSlope fucked it up by prematurely starting this thread when he didn’t even ski. 

Are you sure I didn't ski? Thank you to. Mixilplix and mute for your informative reports.

• Like 1
  • Boner City 2