2/8…last of mid winter snow before the February thaw.

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 830am and it was 31 degrees in the valley and 36 at the summit entrance…mad inversion Yo!  In the house were Atomic Jeff, TP4, C1er and the Bethlehem ford crew.  

First run on Main Street was soft packed powder on the top and firmer below but very smooth..you didn’t have to stay in your lane.  Second run was nightmare ti dreamweaver very very nice groomed packed powder.  Third run was challenge, not as good as Tuesday but still real nice, fourth run repeat of challenge.  Fifth run skied Widowmaker which was ok to chute which was nice to lower Main Street.  Sixth run skied challenge again.

Seventh run was Coming soon which had some mini cookies and kind of slick, 8th run was lazy to the falls which was excellent smooth and empty, 9th run nightmare to dreamweaver and 10th and final run I repeated lazy to the falls again.  Crowds were light and mellow and there were about 6 school buses and lots of kids on the learning hill.  

JADIP

B73DDDC4-EAA8-47B2-99E9-0E2C47ED5D4F.jpeg

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should complain on Blues FB page..

Grate idea. We should trade the race team Razors Edge for the Burma Road. They can have the whole Burma Road all season long and practice their super G turns.

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Grate idea. We should trade the race team Razors Edge for the Burma Road. They can have the whole Burma Road all season long and practice their super G turns.

Grate Idea SaltyPecker..the race team kids are a bunch of wankers, don’t worry they’ll discover sex, drugs or snowboarding soon and stop racing bahahah 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Grate Idea SaltyPecker..the race team kids are a bunch of wankers, don’t worry they’ll discover sex, drugs or snowboarding soon and stop racing bahahah 

Grate. I'll propose a trade to the leader of the race team clan. Maybe I'll throw in a couple of Captains Wafers to sweeten the deal.

• Haha 1

Work was up my butt the last two days so got out this morning with c1er. 

A little hard in spots first thing but generally hyper soft super carving snow. Widow, le chute, lower continues to donate boners.

NMDW was also primo but in 5 tries I couldn't get a clean release, no matter the gap I built I was picking up strays but you so nice to do high speed arcs to air in the soft. 

Busy from the drop, nothing insane but lots of racers and doodle turn types. While the weather is hyper nice it's gotten to the point where it is February and should be colder.

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

27 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Right side of free fall surprisingly nice. 

Not according to Slim who posted on Blue’s FB that he took a core shot with brand new skis 😂 I skied it and found it enjoyable, even though I did ski around some rocks

I made it up for an hour this afternoon. All 3 lifts spinning with a light crowd. I got scared seeing the usually row packed until I realized the front was blocked off. Walked with the one lifties to the snow and he said the rumor is they blocked it off to save spots for buses at night 👎🏼 I did pass a bunch of tour buses headed that way when I was on my way home

It was all you can get soft serve this afternoon with dashes of sunlight for a nice time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Not according to Slim who posted on Blue’s FB that he took a core shot with brand new skis 😂 I skied it and found it enjoyable, even though I did ski around some rocks

I made it up for an hour this afternoon. All 3 lifts spinning with a light crowd. I got scared seeing the usually row packed until I realized the front was blocked off. Walked with the one lifties to the snow and he said the rumor is they blocked it off to save spots for buses at night 👎🏼 I did pass a bunch of tour buses headed that way when I was on my way home

It was all you can get soft serve this afternoon with dashes of sunlight for a nice time.

Core shot my ass lol , Some embellishment , I was skiing with him and he stopped an hour later and checked. Barely a flesh wound. Although there were random rocks all over the place. He has a point about that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Core shot my ass lol , Some embellishment , I was skiing with him and he stopped an hour later and checked. Barely a flesh wound. Although there were random rocks all over the place. He has a point about that. 

As long as there’s no edge damage, nothing to worry about. I feel like most modern skis are built pretty strong. Back in the late 90s/early 2000s skis would start to delaminate after a season or two of heavy skiing..

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

As long as there’s no edge damage, nothing to worry about. 

I remember someone from the Penn State crew or West Chester crew i can't keep track of who is what, literally had the edge ripped out of the sidewall after the pow day two years ago. It was fucking crazy. 

1 minute ago, Benm said:

I remember someone from the Penn State crew or West Chester crew i can't keep track of who is what, literally had the edge ripped out of the sidewall after the pow day two years ago. It was fucking crazy. 

Yup that was Eddie and were like $800 skis. I think he lives in North Carolina now. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

“Tools not jewels” - @indiggio

Can’t say I blame him though,  I view my skis as an extension of my body . He was pretty upset after hitting the rock. We had a conversation comparing new ski’s like buying a new vehicle., seems like everyones is out to get you. 

I’ve been skiing with a core shot since the second storm that I got under the quad venturing off for some untracked powder. I felt the pain but it was worth the turns . 
Hopefully I’ll have some time to fix it this weekend. 

10 hours ago, C1erArt said:

Right side of free fall surprisingly nice. 

Last week the right side edge was almost non existent.
Was skiing the edge with @MattEDGE and a rock got a hold of him and threw him down.
Lots of rocks were mixed in with the sugar.

Outta the box and into the rocks!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2