227…corn harvest…empty

Hey all,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 830am and it was 38 degrees and 46 degrees at the upper entrance, mad inversion yo under mostly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, his work friend, Bethlehem ford crew, Rodney crew, Oz crew, Pops, Eaf and a handful of others. 

Second civilian Super summit safari six pack to Main Street which was soft soft coed on the top and stiffer below.  I split up with Jeff and friend cause didn’t feel like waiting..then did challenge which was a little firmer then Main Street but smooth.  Then Widowmaker to chute and chute was just starting to corn up.  Then off to razors which was super smooth cord on the left side..just a little soft.  coming soon also good and the in run was full on corn.  

I returned back to the chute and super nice corn on the far right. Then hit up Razors again followed by sidewinder which had a nice mini ditch on the lower left..was nice having an empty run on that since it’s super popular with the goobers.  Returned to the Chute again and passed Pops on Raceway and ended my session with another sidewinder.  All in all super nice exactly the conditions I expected but less people.  

I’m thinking they may close tomorrow due to rain.  JADIP

14218321-8B5D-4BDD-8AA3-551335587972.jpeg

5D2187B8-C2A2-4E7B-81CE-022719220CA8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Just got an email they’re going to be closed tomorrow.

Hopefully it’s not mush  by the time I get there today.

I bet the bumps were nice.  I bet razors stayed nice….raining here in the A for the last hour or so.  

When I drove away at 10:45am it was 55 degrees and I put the AC on in my car.  I should have skipped the upper body under armor and just worn a t shirt under my jacket   

I’ve been pretty good about not getting fast food much this ski season but I was so sweaty and gross after skiing I got chic fil a…was elite as always…I just got the 8 nugget combo that would be a light snack for @Dirtwolf their buffalo sauce is Buss’n

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I bet the bumps were nice.  I bet razors stayed nice….raining here in the A for the last hour or so.  

When I drove away at 10:45am it was 55 degrees and I put the AC on in my car.  I should have skipped the upper body under armor and just worn a t shirt under my jacket   

I’ve been pretty good about not getting fast food much this ski season but I was so sweaty and gross after skiing I got chic fil a…was elite as always…I just got the 8 nugget combo that would be a light snack for @Dirtwolf their buffalo sauce is Buss’n

2 runs down Barneys, the first one was without rain and the second  with. First one was great and second which was the last before bailing not so much. I was amazed at how slick it got with just a few minutes worth. Did Coming soon Ditch twice which was awesome 4 runs but a lot nicer than expected. 

I was driving down Blue Mountain drive feeling a little disappointed but saw a bus inbound ,bad  timing. I wasn’t planning on going up today but got a job done early. 

A couple places have dirt bleeding through but good coverage although the usual seasonal brown tint. 

IMG_5181.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

2 runs down Barneys, the first one was without rain and the second  with. First one was great and second which was the last before bailing not so much. I was amazed at how slick it got with just a few minutes worth. Did Coming soon Ditch twice which was awesome 4 runs but a lot nicer than expected. 

I was driving down Blue Mountain drive feeling a little disappointed but saw a bus inbound ,bad  timing. I wasn’t planning on going up today but got a job done early. 

A couple places have dirt bleeding through but good coverage although the usual seasonal brown tint. 

IMG_5181.jpeg

WJW, I hope the rain cleans all that dirty snow. I don't ski on dirty snow 

Was watching radar and hoping the rain moved through after the heavy stuff was done but no dice. Fog was thicc on the top half and rain slowed but didn’t quit. Fam skied an hour before we were soaked through. Maybe 15 people on the hill and 12 of them were lapping the park.

Snow was nice and wet but becoming dirty with the warmth. Couple skeet spots on Switch poking through and Razors was closed. No practice going on though so not sure why. Challenge is quite dark in the middle.

IMG_3986.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

That might be all that’s left this year. 🤮

Anything in the long range forecast?  Should we be planting tomatoes early!!

The bass is pretty deep in some areas and pretty shallow in others but thanks to infrared sensors in the groomers, they know the base depth without even a ruler or guesstimating.. @DiMe if need be they could push out some of the jumps on nightmare times dreamweaver and use that extra snow on thin areas lol. Just kidding but why does that second booter on nightmare go straight into a corner with no snow? Are people supposed to land then turn hard left..it’s weird and I viewed it several times earlier but no park rats to ask. 

52 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Was watching radar and hoping the rain moved through after the heavy stuff was done but no dice. Fog was thicc on the top half and rain slowed but didn’t quit. Fam skied an hour before we were soaked through. Maybe 15 people on the hill and 12 of them were lapping the park.

Snow was nice and wet but becoming dirty with the warmth. Couple skeet spots on Switch poking through and Razors was closed. No practice going on though so not sure why. Challenge is quite dark in the middle.

WJW, WTGAI. You sure are passionate about skiing. I give you ultra kudos for skiing on a night like tonight. I wouldn't go if someone paid me. Well maybe for a 33 pack of Yoo-Hoos.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Up until a few weeks ago the long term looked cold. I think the quick pattern change caught the weather guys by surprise. I don’t see any below freezing temperatures from Saturday through Thursday sadly. 

This might be one of those years we get a huge storm end of March that melts in a few days. 

Just now, AirheadD8 said:

Up until a few weeks ago the long term looked cold. I think the quick pattern change caught the weather guys by surprise. I don’t see any below freezing temperatures from Saturday through Thursday sadly. 

This might be one of those years we get a huge storm end of March that melts in a few days. 

Well this might be a rare season we have a few weeks of nice spring conditions as opposed to cold at the end.  I’ll take the spring skiing 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The bass is pretty deep in some areas and pretty shallow in others but thanks to infrared sensors in the groomers, they know the base depth without even a ruler or guesstimating.. @DiMe if need be they could push out some of the jumps on nightmare times dreamweaver and use that extra snow on thin areas lol. Just kidding but why does that second booter on nightmare go straight into a corner with no snow? Are people supposed to land then turn hard left..it’s weird and I viewed it several times earlier but no park rats to ask. 

It's a hip feature not a wedge or tabletop.  Your meant to take the lip and land on the skiers left side transition of the jump.  You guys play on that butter pad "snow block" feature?  Its crazy fun, figured some of ya'll might like just taking speed straight over that one.

Screenshot_20240227_022741_Instagram.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 3

They better put directional arrows because people are gonna land off the trail…I’d prob end up in the ditch cause I’d definitely hit that with speed..wouldn’t want to get knuckled..

They need to bring back the wall ride…I enjoyed that feature.

we did see somebody do a nose butter into a front flip in come around park with not a lot of air.  It was insane. Best I ever did when I would get mad steezy air was like a mule kick ski grab mcflurry or maybe a double lindy with sprinkles..

12 hours ago, DiMe said:

It's a hip feature not a wedge or tabletop.  Your meant to take the lip and land on the skiers left side transition of the jump.  You guys play on that butter pad "snow block" feature?  Its crazy fun, figured some of ya'll might like just taking speed straight over that one.

Screenshot_20240227_022741_Instagram.jpg

I wish they would rotate that and the hip at the bottom of central park about 15d CCW so us old skate /surf heads could  hit side and lip slide it like a 1/4 pipe wave !

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tnt temp said:

Anyone have a handle on the weather?  Some calling rain Sat., some rain Sunday....trying to make a plan to finally see the new 6 pack!

image.png.4c58c0fe2dea13149627738c4adb47c2.png

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 3
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

Rode from 9-1 today.  Least crowded day of the year, worst conditions of the year, and windiest day of the year.  A very fun time though.  Snowmaking cannons were blasting on a bunch of trails.  Definitely cool to experience the once in a lifetime opportunity of riding on February 29th.  It was like the hailie’s comet of ski days

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Rode from 9-1 today.  Least crowded day of the year, worst conditions of the year, and windiest day of the year.  A very fun time though.  Snowmaking cannons were blasting on a bunch of trails.  Definitely cool to experience the once in a lifetime opportunity of riding on February 29th.  It was like the hailie’s comet of ski days

Haha I wouldn’t say once in a lifetime lol..haileys comet was in 86 I believe so you missed that…next one is in 2061 and despite you being a smoker, you probably have a better chance of making it than me since I’m 9 years older.  

I could have skied this AM but didn’t cause I figured it would be bad and still have an afterglow from Tuesdays corn harvest but WTGAi to the most dedicated PASR in history. 

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Haha I wouldn’t say once in a lifetime lol..haileys comet was in 86 I believe so you missed that…next one is in 2061 and despite you being a smoker, you probably have a better chance of making it than me since I’m 9 years older.  

I could have skied this AM but didn’t cause I figured it would be bad and still have an afterglow from Tuesdays corn harvest but WTGAi to the most dedicated PASR in history. 

In ain’t easy being steezy, but I somehow someway, keep coming up with funky ass shit like every single day.

I actually brought a cooler with ice packs and put some snow from the base into a jar. Gonna keep it in my freezer the way married couples keep a piece of their wedding cake to commemorate the momentous occasion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4