3/3….perfect spring day…

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Definitely a nice day with awesome visibility. Could see Philly and Manhattan. 

Coverage looks pretty grate still. Thanks for the pics, I flew to Joysee today and didn't feel like flying all the way up to True Blue. Let me know when the picnic is, maybe I'll do a few low approaches at Beltzville.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Coverage looks pretty grate still. Thanks for the pics, I flew to Joysee today and didn't feel like flying all the way up to True Blue. Let me know when the picnic is, maybe I'll do a few low approaches at Beltzville.

👍 Clouds were a little lower than I would like but between 3,500 - 4000’ the thermals were pretty strong in that altitude range . I hung around West of the ski area but noticed a nonstop thermal by the sand quarry . I wanted a picture from due north .

• Thanks 1

Today was one of the best of the season for sure. Just so much fun to blast off stuff in the slush and it's been awhile since we had nice lot weather. 

Switch was primo but side was the real treat. Super good mix of brown, rollers to get air and hero snow to push the hammer all the way down. I could have run those two forever.

Nothing better than coming back from the double dip to shrimp and chicken skewers. Today was a mad good one to be out of the hill.  

• Like 7

@10:10 the quad line was a full Corral. It’s cause today is the last race day I’d the season and it’s a big one..some sort of tristate regional park ICUP type deal but they stayed off sidewinder and Main Street.  They changed up the corner hip jump on nightmare.

If it’s warm the day after it rains and then the sun comes out it’s like catching lightening in a bottle.   

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rummy said:

Is that a golden eagle?

Some type of Hawk. Haven’t looked it up yet. I was hoping to see some bald eagles. 
When I was over the ski area I saw what I thought were three but I as got closer they were Buzzards. Two males were really dog fighting. I saw a flock of seagulls over Palmerton. The hawk was close to Lehighton . 

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Rumor has it this is the last week of weekday operation then weekends only, with the forecast it could be possible…so just gotta enjoy every day.  I’ll likely be back at Blue Tuesday AM.  JADIP

Where this come from!  Id be so sad with the 2nd half of the month getting older.  I understand closing on the rain days but this cant be the last midweek!