3/8/24…pretty nice..better than expected.

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I arrived at the lower low at 830am and it was 36 degrees in the valley and in the low 40s up high with some lingering low fog.  In the house were Johnny Law, Harold, C1er, Airhead, Mixilplix and many others.  

Fourth civilian quad and there was quite the line up at the opening Bell, probably 75-100 people already.  First run in Paradise because it’s nice having that empty and it was pretty smooth with some large bare spots.  Next run Coming soon which was super rough ungroomed solid and I skid into a bare area but didn’t fall. 

My favorite run today was lower Widowmaker which was half width to chute to lower Main Street. Chute was nice corn and lower main was choppy but soft.  Challenge was alright pretty thick but it will be a mogul field soon. I didn’t ski razors, it looked fisrmish and not super smooth.  Upper Main Street, switchback and Razorback are closed along with Sidewinder.  

I skied lazy mike once and it was smooth enough..With only the quad running, there was 1-3 minute liftline after a few runs and when I left at 1030 there was almost a full corral.  Let’s hope they have more than one lift open tomorrow.  All in all Blue lost a lot of snow but the conditions were better than expected, not as nice as sundays spring snow but pretty good. E32F7F2B-F39E-4C43-BEE8-FEDFC085AD33.thumb.jpeg.31447c2c8d994d0cede0d829defd9e92.jpeg

AD66D669-6A86-498B-864E-798E02DA972D.jpeg

EF584189-F305-4A39-BAA5-61B38B364E41.jpeg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

See Dime you have power, they stopped on a Dime with their plans because of you.  

D9C3C86F-8D65-4714-AFBA-4414E89C58AA.jpeg

I guess passholders do have a voice 😇  Thank you Blue!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did limes get long at all?  

Limes are kind of stumpy.  I left before the 6 opened and the quad was maybe 2-3min.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

coming soon was extra special….. 

Lol … @GrilledSteezeSandwich did a good job of staying upright. That first run down was no fall zone. In the afternoon it was a 1000% better. 

Before I ran into the bumpers I hiked up Barneys and ran the tail end of the line. The Bumpers built a line on chute and we hit that a bunch. Razors softened up nicely, last run down challenge was heavy but fun. 

The line was better after lunch even before the six opening. 

Stayed till 2 , glad I played hooky today Pretty sweet but the weather is not looking good. 

IMG_5310.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I rode with a long time ridin partner who I had not seen in quite a few years....Had to park at the top lot to redeem my buddy pass...I pulled in to park at the usual when I was met with a road block..That area is paid parking...The gravel lot sucks...Lower is soooo much better....Today was good...Lots of sun/no wind....Coming Soon was extra spicy....About 11:30 it softened up to a pretty sweet ride...Lots of crumbs here and there early....Super fun spring skiing...Rode from 9-1....Long session..Saw GSS,TP4and JLaw...and I think I saw ZZSlope....Had lunch and a beer Slope Side....Always good catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a long time...

That solves the mystery of me not seeing your car in the lot when I left.  @theprogram4 wants to know what you had for lunch at slopeside?  I got Chic Fil A on my way back into work..

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Lol … @GrilledSteezeSandwich did a good job of staying upright. That first run down was no fall zone. In the afternoon it was a 1000% better. 

Before I ran into the bumpers I hiked up Barneys and ran the tail end of the line. The Bumpers built a line on chute and we hit that a bunch. Razors softened up nicely, last run down challenge was heavy but fun. 

The line was better after lunch even before the six opening. 

Stayed till 2 , glad I played hooky today Pretty sweet but the weather is not looking good. 

IMG_5310.jpeg

I wanted to take the spicer line on the far right and ran out of snow and was already committed.  By the time I was back on the snow you and JLAW were already merging into lower Paradise which was wall to wall Chris Christie’s..rest of my runs were pretty empty…I give Airhead props…he motors through the chop..and I saw him bunny hop a bare spot like nothing..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wanted to take the spicer line on the far right and ran out of snow and was already committed.  By the time I was back on the snow you and JLAW were already merging into lower Paradise which was wall to wall Chris Christie’s..rest of my runs were pretty empty…I give Airhead props…he motors through the chop..and I saw him bunny hop a bare spot like nothing..

I ditched my cousin and Paul early to take some fast runs with you guys. I can pretend I’m 40 for a while. 😁

• Like 1

Challenge was bad this afternoon. Weirdly bad. Razors was super fun.  Raceway to midway is spicy. They cut midway in half farming snow on it. 
groomers will need to really put that oscilloscope or whatever to good use to keep some trails open. 

24th?  LOL.   yeah, i’ll be the first to say it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That solves the mystery of me not seeing your car in the lot when I left.  @theprogram4 wants to know what you had for lunch at slopeside?  I got Chic Fil A on my way back into work..

Had the Chilli and a 420 Pale Ale....Ale was good...Chilli was meh.... 

5 hours ago, DiMe said:

Can confirm due to many complaints midweek is a go this coming week.  Its beautiful out here.  

They underestimated how much abuse their customers can put up with. 😂

• Haha 1

It's a gorgeous night out here. Crowds are minimal. Skiing right onto the lifts. Snow is excellent,spring mashed potatoes. Some places still have base. Others are grass. 24th may be wishful thinking at this point. Either way hella fun spring night... Even if it is a little too early. Some closings.. Other trails are cut in half. Coming soon is going fast. Enjoy it while you can

IMG_20240308_191040_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240308_192628_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Challenge was bad this afternoon. Weirdly bad. Razors was super fun.  Raceway to midway is spicy. They cut midway in half farming snow on it. 
groomers will need to really put that oscilloscope or whatever to good use to keep some trails open. 

24th?  LOL.   yeah, i’ll be the first to say it. 

Such a negative nancy.  If they push all the features on NMDW we can have that on the 23rd & 24th 😇

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Challenge was bad this afternoon. Weirdly bad.

You warned me in the lot and I found out why. Was it left ungroomed? It didn’t get any better with the middle having no lights on.

Rode for an hour with GSSucks and then skied with DirtWolf and Edge for another 2.5ish. Super fun soft spring skiing. Lazy and Pdis were hammer down and prob my RsOTN. Got to yell at Ridge for the lift but never caught up to him

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mute1080 said:

You warned me in the lot and I found out why. Was it left ungroomed? It didn’t get any better with the middle having no lights on.

Rode for an hour with GSSucks and then skied with DirtWolf and Edge for another 2.5ish. Super fun soft spring skiing. Lazy and Pdis were hammer down and prob my RsOTN. Got to yell at Ridge for the lift but never caught up to him

Shit…Had you no idea you all were there. Sorry man!