A report for Doug

Barb

In Doug fashion....

Arrived at the parking lot at 8:35am 41 degrees. Quickly met up with sexkitten and boblikescats. Sexkitten was sporting the gaper gear. Then met Doug, Atomic Jeff, Bigdaddyk, toast, Zonked and others. Don't remember everyone's name. Sexkitten and I rode paradise, lazy mile and switchback. The boys opted for the faster trails. The snow was pretty mushy, but still fun. The trails are so much longer than at boulder. My legs were burning.

Doug was passing out beer like it was his job in the parking lot and doing shots. I made him wear my homemade tutu when I left. He looked so pretty in it.

It was great to meet everyone, I will definitely go to Blue again next season.

In Doug fashion....

Arrived at the parking lot at 8:35am 41 degrees. Quickly met up with sexkitten and boblikescats. Sexkitten was sporting the gaper gear. Then met Doug, Atomic Jeff, Bigdaddyk, toast, Zonked and others. Don't remember everyone's name. Sexkitten and I rode paradise, lazy mile and switchback. The boys opted for the faster trails. The snow was pretty mushy, but still fun. The trails are so much longer than at boulder. My legs were burning.

Doug was passing out beer like it was his job in the parking lot and doing shots. I made him wear my homemade tutu when I left. He looked so pretty in it.

It was great to meet everyone, I will definitely go to Blue again next season.

It was nice to finally meet you, even though we both have a pass for the same place, but it took going to a different place to meet. Doug told me that you said Tut's lane (the top run off of the lift) was the equivalant of one of BB's trails :rofl . There is a big difference going to Blue than BB, that's why I skipped BB this weekend. I was half asleep when I came into the lodge, but remember seeing a tall blonde dressed in a jersey, and I kind of looked at her weird and heard her say it's gaper fools day. It didn't dawn on me that it was Sexkitten and Boblikescats until they went out the door onto the snow...I forgot about the dress up day. I would have joined everybody for gatorade and root beer in the lot, but I had to leave at 1130 to get back for work...I can only imagine what I missed in the lot. I did manage to catch a glimpse of Doug walking in with the Tu-tu :rofl:rofl . Thankfully, he opted to keep the ski pants on...but then again maybe a few beers later could have been a different story :lol: .

Edited by bigdaddyk

Sad to see the season end today, but it was a fun closing day. After some intense drinking last night, KnuckleD and I pulled into Booter's lot at 7:09 quickly followed me Doug, then Shadows, then Toast, then Sexkitten and Boblikespussycats. Leslie and Bob had to buy tickets so they couldn't make it to first chair, but the rest of us did. Pretty sweet snow in the morning. Just soft enough, but still really firm, which was great. Switchback was the best, but don't tell anyone. After Doug's tenth run, we went out for freshments in the parking lot. After a few more runs, it was time for more, this time Freeridintre joined the crue for some sugar free redbull and yuengling. Barb didn't approve of our activities, but she's going to let Doug babysit her kids some time. By 10:30 Doug had a few beers in him. He loaded up his backpack with some more, and headed out. We met back up around 12:30 to watch pond skimming, and Doug was pretty intoxicated. I went into the lodge with Zonked and Shady Shadows. While inside we saw homeboys Matt Stunt and Big Ben. They were lookin for their trick hoes, but then they saw Zonked. :naughty I told them Doug was out watching pond skimming w/ beer, so they headed out to find him. While I was walking back outside, I hear over the speakers "hit it". I knew freeridintre was MC'ing, but he doesn't say stuff like that. I met back up with Bob and Sexkitt and they told me to look over by the tent, and sure enough it was Doug busting a freestyle rap over the speaker system. Funny shit. Trevor was so worried about what Doug might say :banghead I took two more runs, then headed out. Snow was getting mad mashed potatoes. I had enough, and I was tired. I went the rest of the season without reinjuring myself, so I didn't want to push it. Blue's done, but I've still got two more days left at Belleayre.

Twas fun.

pond skimming was lame. thats the only reason i didnt do it. really short, no jump, more of an official gathering than a jam session.

really good last day. challenge/razors sucked pretty bad in the morning, grooming was terrible. open to close today. and 195's are some long ass skis.

tons of pasr's today.

Well, I had to get out on the board at least once more before I could live through summer, so I went up solo today.

Met up with some PASR members...I was quiet so if you were there you probably saw me.

Cheddar Chex Mix is good...thanks Doug.

Watched pond skimming for a while, some funny crashes.

Got bored...ate some fries with Stevo, then headed out around 3, and had to avoid a family of ducks in the road on the way home.

Good last day at Blue I guess...snow was a lot faster than I thought it would be.

*edit- I had my bathing suit in the truck, but it was too cold to take a chance at swimming today.

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

Ski day 29 and Bob and I skidded into the lower lot around 7:20 AM. The whole crew was already there and booting up and I got to put a bunch of names to faces which was cool. Not surprisingly no one gaped out (no Doug your tin foil tie does not count) but me but it didn't matter. We skied pretty much everything but Razors with a variety of PASR's throughout the day and had a blast. Early in the morning the snow was freaking amazing... so much so that I barely noticed that it was drizzling. Doug says the rain actually helps keep the snow fast and smooth which makes rainy day skiing almost worth doing every once in a while. I spotted Barb in her tutu around 9 and we grabbed her and made a pit stop in the parking lot for beers, shots, champagne, brownies, Chex mix... I think that was it. Then we skied 2 or 3 more runs and Doug officially became my hero by having a small yard sale without ever dropping his beer. The snow was pretty much manky Motz at that point but it wasn't unskiiable. Around 10:30-11 we pitted again for more beers, shots, champagne and also chicken fingers, burgers, pretzels... I know you all like reading about what we ate! Barb baled around 11 and kindly donated her tutu to Doug which he proudly rocked for a few runs. I think it ended up taking the 6 pack back to the lodge alone but that's another story. Anyway, around 12 we took the "so damn slow it actually hurt me" chair to Vista and watched the lame ass pond skimming for a while. They really need to make the pond longer or somehow make the skimming more challenging. Or not. Anyway, Zonked disappeared (hmmmmm?!) and Doug freestyled, everyone ate pirogies and we called some guys "trick hoes". The guys wanted to do a few more runs but I had jello legs and a major buzz so Bob and I bailed around 2. Overall it was a great closing day... I drank, skied, saw way too much peeing off piste, yelled at people I didn't know, finally skied with Zonked, met a bunch of PASR's I'd never met before... whew... that's about it. See you all next season (since I know you lame asses won't get together this summer). You're my boy Blue!

Oh and thanks boblikescats for not spraying me in snow when I fell. hah

I had some good laughs with kitten today. Especially when dougs tutu was caught on the chair..hahha

I ended up leaving around 3:30ish i believe

:rock

4/1/07 - 10:30-ish to 2pm.

Strolled in and saw Doug heading out to his car for beer run number ## (fill number here). Got in and paid my usual $36, but faked out the ticket window lady with my 1/2 off pass and paid $16 instead. Started off the day with a relaxing run down Lazy Mile and the continued it with Razor's Edge, Paradise, Challenge, Switchback, and Main Street. Around 11:30-ish, the under armour & mountain hardware softshell combination was getting to warm, so i decided to retire the jacket for the season and just skiied around in the underarmour. I had one wreck that aggrivated my injuries from november and had my head ringing for a few seconds.

I went on over to watch the pond skimming around 12:00. Found Doug about half way up, and met sexkitten, Zonked, Boblikecats, and Shadows for the first time. Pond Skimming was relatively boring, the pond was just way too short. Needs to be 2x the length and some sharks swimming around in it to make it more interesting.

Afterwards, I skied down Burma with the PASR gang. Topped the season off with skiing Razor's Edge as my last run. I cashed in early for the season 'cause i was in top form & it was beginning to rain.

yeah its really a shame that they tried so hard to keep pond skimming organized and orderly. it was tons of fun last year with mass chaos and the jump over the pond, which made for even more chaos, but like shadows said, it was just kinda lame this year. the guys up top who were kinda running things just took it way too seriously and shot down all the fun stuff we wanted to do. doug looked pretty stunning in his tutu and i dont know how he didnt spill his beer. good thing i skied paradise switch so i could see that. oh, and zonked, sorry my skis spray a ton of snow when the snow is soft like it was today, no hard feelings haha

oh, and zonked, sorry my skis spray a ton of snow when the snow is soft like it was today, no hard feelings haha

totally ok. hahah I just laughed and kept skiing.

Oh and thanks for carrying my skis jeff. your the best hah

Edited by Zonked

I should have shared more..than my hangover wouldn't be so massive. And yeah skiing switch after a few beers on race-type skis with a beer in hand made me wipe out at the top of Paradise and I only lost like 1 ounce of beer

Sounds like you would be pretty good at a King of the Mountain race.

Camelback=Lame...

I just took a 4.5 hour nap and now I'm hungover..I hope I wasn't visibly intoxicated earlier..I want to set a good example to the younger PASRs out there. Now I need some Gatorade..

Thread-jack...mentioning Big Boulder in my thread is Papasteezes job

I just don't understand why blue doesent care about their customers the way camelback does. I dont see blue having a mid april rail jam. CB is though.