Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Anyone follow these guys on FB, I have been reading their predictions for a while and they have been really accurate... Calling for a good possibility of snow Wed-Thursday this week.

http://www.facebook....eyweatherpatrol

They are actually pretty good.....much more than an amatuer met. Like you said, so far his stuff has been pretty accurate, and doesnt overhype a small snowstorm.

It's crazy up here in Maine... Definitely warm, but we are still offering the best t2b terrain... Canadian junior team, us junior team, and Harvard race team have all been up here to train... Its going to be crazy when real good weather shows up... Like soon...

I think we had a year without a January thaw once of twice. Let's just hope once they open they stay open. I'm having early visions of 2006-07 although that spring rocked. Blue stayed open till April 1st and I skied the most days ever. They got challenge and the six pack open quick. Then major meltdown and down to just lazy and then eventually just midway to lower main street and five days closed a few days after new years. When Dan- went to JH for first time and AJeff went to Telluride. By late January the mountain was 100% open

Some how i still remember riding with you that day, which was the day before i left for Jackson. Weird.

Everything is fucked both the AO and NAO will be positive for at least another two weeks. The big dog though is too much warm air at jet stream levels in the pacific, it is literally fucking everything up from CA to PA.

It will be cold, then warm thurs, then cold behind with maybe some real deal arctic air then warmup before the holidays. My heart then says it will bomb cold for 3 months with 2ft a week but that seems kinda unlikely.

Johnny law sounds like you are doing some wishcasting.

For sure....NE looks bad but lets be honest we can deal, we are used to this kind of shit. The bad part is that Pacific air is really fucking the west. Everywhere from Interior BC to UT is dry, Jackson is looking shitty, early Jan until they see some snow. Interior BC is the last stop if it ain't snowing there it ain't snowing anywhere.

Tahoe for me next week looks dry as hell

We are dying for snow out here, nothing in the forecast for the next 2 weeks and no-where has any decent amount of terrain open. Horrible start to the season so far. Beautiful down here in the bay but I would rather it was pouring with rain.

The webcams at squaw show it all, it's soooo depressing.

Edited by Timeless

Things are rough here as well, but I am telling myself it's "conditioning skiing" anyway. They opened up Marmot and Black Bear, but I don't know WHY!!! They are full of bushes and trees sticking through. I think the people skiing them must think there are only the tops of trees and not also large rocks and logs under the snow. They are NUTS. I'm still downloading at the end of the day. I took the front side return cat track one day and it was full of icy moguls and narrow. No thanks, gave up that stuff when I left the Ice Coast.

Maybe the 1-3 inches will actually show up Tuesday night. That would be a thrill.

I'm glad I don't work for the resort answering phones from panicked tourists wanting to cancel their reservations.

I'm glad I don't work for the resort answering phones from panicked tourists wanting to cancel their reservations.

you would think that, but I'm looking at lodging options for a couple of days during christmas and everything (decent) in Tahoe is booked solid.