Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

You know it's bad when they have to reopen the Stairway to Heaven. The Bush lost Ripcord today and I'm told it is in danger of losing Jester and Coffee Run. Let's hope this cold spell is cold enough to salvage what little they have.

what's the long term for bush?  I am planning on being there for the 30th.  Will they have any beginner terrain open by then?  as my daughter need beginner to intermediate

Edited by larrytbull

what's the long term for bush? I am planning on being there for the 30th. Will they have any beginner terrain open by then? as my daughter need beginner to intermediate

The prospects for beginner terrain are next to none. We will use the cold temps to resurface and build base depths on what we already have open. Unfortunately, none of that is beginner terrain and only one of those trails is intermediate.

I can't imagine the Gate House side (where the beginner terrain is), will be open until MLK. Everyone is struggling. There are two good days of snowmaking this weekend and then it's back up in the 40s with no salvation in sight.

The prospects for beginner terrain are next to none. We will use the cold temps to resurface and build base depths on what we already have open. Unfortunately, none of that is beginner terrain and only one of those trails is intermediate.

I can't imagine the Gate House side (where the beginner terrain is), will be open until MLK. Everyone is struggling. There are two good days of snowmaking this weekend and then it's back up in the 40s with no salvation in sight.

Thanks for the update Ride,

probably gonna cancel trip to Bush, and just do the MT Snow for 2 days, and head back.

Any one want to buy a quad pack from me for the  Bush?  As it seems i will not have a use for them now

Edited by larrytbull

probably gonna cancel trip to Bush, and just do the MT Snow for 2 days, and head back.

Any one want to buy a quad pack from me for the  Bush?  As it seems i will not have a use for them now

Just go to sugarbush later in the season when everything's open. Castlerock has some fun classic runs similar to mad river glen.

Any one want to buy a quad pack from me for the Bush? As it seems i will not have a use for them now

MIGHT be interested in the quad pack for a hypothetical trip in January, but that's depending on a lot of factors, one of those factors being the notorious, mysterious snorovr, so if you find someone else to pawn them to, don't hold out for me

Is God still saying January 3rd for Blue?

I'm starting to think I'm responsible for this weather. I'm putting up a pole building at the car lot. I've been working on it since August but the township is being a bunch of pricks with their demands. I've got $4,300 into fancy drawings for a building that is $11,600 to put up. Some of  the demands I know could have been challenged but the lawyer I went to didn't have a back bone to fight it.

At the end of September I was worried I wouldn't be able to pour the concrete floor because of it getting cold outside. Everyone kept saying, "Well if the weather stays this nice it won't be a problem." Well, my building still isn't up yet and I think the weather is just holding out so that I can pour my concrete floor. Bad news for you guys is the zoning officer is demanding I plant trees over my underground utilities and the power company said no no. Now the zoning officer is trying to tell me I need to re-locate my electric service and other underground utilities. So it looks like I'm at a road block again. I'm looking for a new lawyer to speed things up. I apologize for the inconvenience but I really want my floor poured ASAP.

Is God still saying January 3rd for Blue?

I'm starting to think I'm responsible for this weather. I'm putting up a pole building at the car lot. I've been working on it since August but the township is being a bunch of pricks with their demands. I've got $4,300 into fancy drawings for a building that is $11,600 to put up. Some of  the demands I know could have been challenged but the lawyer I went to didn't have a back bone to fight it.

At the end of September I was worried I wouldn't be able to pour the concrete floor because of it getting cold outside. Everyone kept saying, "Well if the weather stays this nice it won't be a problem." Well, my building still isn't up yet and I think the weather is just holding out so that I can pour my concrete floor. Bad news for you guys is the zoning officer is demanding I plant trees over my underground utilities and the power company said no no. Now the zoning officer is trying to tell me I need to re-locate my electric service and other underground utilities. So it looks like I'm at a road block again. I'm looking for a new lawyer to speed things up. I apologize for the inconvenience but I really want my floor poured ASAP.

That was a super boring story

not your decision.

It's my decision to be a responsible poster and not get banned.

• Like 1

Wow just wow.

Wow just wow.

We've been super busy during the warmth and cemetery's are still putting in concrete foundations. We are gonna have almost all of our completed memorial stones out the door before xmas and then I'm off from 12/23-1/3...I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself besides go to Washington DC and SUJOPO

Its been snowing out west.  Alot.  

Which is why it's so warm here......the last two years were super fucking cold in NE and warmer and dry out west, this year is the reverse but its nothing more than sides on the same coin. Pacific is warm jet stream is riding so fucking high bringing all the warm air underneath and the preventing polar air from surging south. The previous years were just the opposite but they both have the same problem extreme jet stream weirdness......