Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I saw some stuff on my Facebook feed from the store. I don't know building a house or business at two feet above sea level is pretty dumb considering rising sea levels and stronger storms but people like the beach. My grandparents former beachfront house in ocean city actually survived hurricane sandy.

I saw some stuff on my Facebook feed from the store. I don't know building a house or business at two feet above sea level is pretty dumb considering rising sea levels and stronger storms but people like the beach. My grandparents former beachfront house in ocean city actually survived hurricane sandy.

all new construction in the past decade or so has to be at least 10 feet above the 100 yr flood elevation. fema raised that by another 2 ft after sandy. its all those older homes that are screwed.

Is it still snowing??? Now you guys have to hope the next storm midweek is snow and not rain.

ya know, ski resorts aside, the entire east coast was lucky this storm hit on a weekend and not during the week. could you imagine all the car wrecks and related injuries/fatalities there could have been?

Will blue be busy next weekend? Only 11 deaths so far. My opinion is due to so much snow people weren't driving fast enough to cause fatal wrecks. To be a small amount of snow or black ice is way more dangerous to drive in than deep snow cause people drive normal speed.

eb052bc63bf37ee4ea567c9b59b3c914.jpg

Over 26 inches here in Northampton/Allen Township. (This was a couple hours ago) Two three hour sessions to clear it. My snowblower sucks. Still snowing, but looks to be winding down.

Wow glad I live in an apartment and don't have to shovel. Not glad my car is in Newark airport parking. Should have paid the Johnny cash and parked in the garage.

Wow glad I live in an apartment and don't have to shovel. Not glad my car is in Newark airport parking. Should have paid the Johnny cash and parked in the garage.

They need a service where you can call and pay with a credit card for them to dig you out, brush you off, etc, right before you get there.

• Like 1

New record one day snowfall was set for Allentown today at 31.7". From 12:30 to 3pm it was really coming down fast and hard. At one point I could barely see down the street. Too much drifting at my place to measure how much we got in Orefield but some of the drifts in the yard are crazy.

Having just bought a place I will need to shovel myself 8 days ago (nice timing, was originally supposed to close on it 11 days ago), I will be ok if future storms this winter focus more on the mountains than on central NJ

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Having just bought a place I will need to shovel myself 8 days ago (nice timing, was originally supposed to close on it 11 days ago), I will be ok if future storms this winter focus more on the mountains than on central NJ

Nice were you living in an apartment for sure? You coming to blue this weekend to ski with PASRs? Looks like great weather. Lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s and sunny.

Was living in a townhouse in a complex where they hired plows and shovelers. I got spoiled for sure.

Probably doing Shawnee with the kids this weekend. Got 4 more prepaid visits with the kids there to use up this season.

Have one more prepaid trip to Blue so I will be there at least once more. With as short as this season may be, I am racing to try to use all the tix I prepaid for with PASR cards and other deals.