Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

3 hours ago, C1erArt said:

El Niño could be a spoiler this winter. Strong one predicted this year and a NOAA blog post showed a historical snowfall map of El Niño years. Hopefully we get some cold snowmaking weather.IMG_1835.thumb.jpeg.2f611b98aad291a0fff2c9ee99d4faa4.jpeg

Ugh. Didn't we have one last year too?? I'm still upset about not skiing switchback last season 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Then we can carpool up to elk. 

Slow lifts

Far away

Nothing spectacular

The only good thing was pasrs. Big ups to rummy btw, and we had a Walt feast

Never again. Shit is for blue's lot. 

Edited by Benm
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i dont believe in dong range forecasts, but i hope we start seeing some decent cold before Ski Friday.  looks like the cold comes in after Thanksgiving.  im ready to go skiing.  

It's hard watching the other places get cold and snowy and Tuesday it's supposed to be nearly 70. 

It will get cold but every year I feel like I get more and more impatient but even dec 1 is a good start. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

It's hard watching the other places get cold and snowy and Tuesday it's supposed to be nearly 70. 

It will get cold but every year I feel like I get more and more impatient but even dec 1 is a good start. 

I think it was nearly 70 today and I’ll take 70 over 40 if the snowmaking cannons aren’t blasting.  I had a customer set up an appointment for December 1st today and they wanted 9 or 930 and I was thinking it would be just my bad luck that December 1st is opening day especially because Root Friday is so early so I just said sorry I like to leave mornings open to help with deliveries and set it up for at 3pm. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Where?  Killington?

Whats interesting is the humidity in our area when it does get cold.  but i think that settles out some when daytime/nightime temps get closer to one another. 

Palmerton, PA.  Snowathome.com offers snowmaking forecasts for any zip.

41 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Palmerton, PA.  Snowathome.com offers snowmaking forecasts for any zip.

That kinda went over your head.  i see thats for palmerton, but i just dont see making snow for maybe 2 nights will amount to anything.  

So when you said, "lets go"  i said "where, Killington?"  because i dont think they will make any snow in Palmerton, or at least any snow that will be of any benefit - (kinda looks to get a little warm next week)

But they have snow in Killington.  Man made, but they are open, and making snow.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

That kinda went over your head.  i see thats for palmerton, but i just dont see making snow for maybe 2 nights will amount to anything.  

So when you said, "lets go"  i said "where, Killington?"  because i dont think they will make any snow in Palmerton, or at least any snow that will be of any benefit - (kinda looks to get a little warm next week)

But they have snow in Killington.  Man made, but they are open, and making snow.  

I suspected the comment might be going over my head 🤣  I think they might only because they started with a hike park last year on the school hill and 2 cold nights is certainly enough to get that open.  I know that doesnt matter for most PASRS though.

Edited by DiMe