Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

25 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

At least you guys have one...

El Cheapo transfer panel. Wife has been lobbying for an automatic. One more thing to maintain. If my current generator takes a crap I’ll get another one and wire a 30amp cord. 

IMG_4710.jpeg

Edited by AirheadD8

Keep those fingers crossed.  this would be like 4-5 days straight of spraying snow if it holds.  

image.thumb.png.9a8792515d768e75287b26ccddcc0742.png

Accuweather kind of agrees.  maybe just a touch warmer, but still, these would be the best temps we have seen.  

image.png.4d03918e77c865043cb5c000c2ecaaf7.png

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Keep those fingers crossed.  this would be like 4-5 days straight of spraying snow if it holds.  

image.thumb.png.9a8792515d768e75287b26ccddcc0742.png

Accuweather kind of agrees.  maybe just a touch warmer, but still, these would be the best temps we have seen.  

image.png.4d03918e77c865043cb5c000c2ecaaf7.png

Noaa says 19 low for Palmerton on Sunday, production is so much better the colder and colder it gets so sharpen your harpoons could be whaling season. 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Noaa says 19 low for Palmerton on Sunday, production is so much better the colder and colder it gets so sharpen your harpoons could be whaling season. 

If only Blue would blow whales and just let them be instead of grooming them into death cookies...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

It’s snowing pretty hard. About an inch down so far here. But alas… it’s just another tease as the change over will be happening soon. 

Im a little curious as to what my driveway will look like Friday, as i shoveled a path to the car, and just drove off.  Im going with it wont all wash away, and it will be a big frozen mass when i get back to it.  Plus, there is now what was in the road in front of my driveway.  

Just now, EdBacon said:

what's a kunkle, anyway?

"(Eldred Township's) largest village is Kunkletown which is named for Joseph Kunkle, one of the earliest businessmen and hotel owners in Eldred Township. Abraham Smith erected a grist mill in 1762 along Prince’s Run (Princess Run). In 1812, Phillip Hess ran a gun factory for the U.S. Army. The gun factory closed in 1830, and Samuel Berger and Abraham Blecker began a tannery on the old gun factory property until the tannery closed in 1877. Thomas Snyder opened a store in 1832, and the Kunkletown post office wasn’t opened until 1864, with Joseph Johnson serving as the first postmaster."

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

Just now, Johnny Law said:

Why is new tripoli pronounced the way it is and not like every other version of tripoli ? 

"The name comes from Tripoli in Libya, in commemoration of the fighting in the Barbary Wars. The pronunciation of New Tripoli is with the stress on "PO", as many non-natives make the mistake of stressing the first syllable which will often be corrected by natives."

v busy at work today

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

"The name comes from Tripoli in Libya, in commemoration of the fighting in the Barbary Wars. The pronunciation of New Tripoli is with the stress on "PO", as many non-natives make the mistake of stressing the first syllable which will often be corrected by natives."

v busy at work today

Ahhj a Miami oh deal 

32 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Kunkle is a popular name around here. 

Either way ...school just called. Early dismissal due to pending change over to rain and potential for floods. Great

Seeing on FB all of the members of the "all season tire club" are having meetings on 534.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Bouy pop!  Like Wednesday next week.  Wax up the big boards for "stoke"!

Haven't seen a full pop yet but definitely a bounce going on. Might have missed it on my camera so I'll tune in again later. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Haven't seen a full pop yet but definitely a bounce going on. Might have missed it on my camera so I'll tune in again later. 

go back and look at about 11:34 am.  it was like 63 n-m/sq in @ 10" W.C.  

Big.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

go back and look at about 11:34 am.  it was like 63 n-m/sq in @ 10" W.C.  

Big.  

Holy shit.

If you zoom in and look closer you can see it pop to 67 n-m/sq in @11.25 W.C. 

Big, if true. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Holy shit.

If you zoom in and look closer you can see it pop to 67 n-m/sq in @11.25 W.C. 

Big, if true. 

i didnt break down the ensembles.  good catch.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mute1080 said:

v busy at work today

Phillipi, West Virginia (takeout for the  whitewater section of the Tygart River gorge)  is pronounced like it is in the New Testament epistle not like it is in the Greek city that has the accent on the last syllable. The more you know......

Edited by C1erArt