Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Just now, saltyant said:

Which part shouldn't I do - wear a helmet on a plane, rent skis & boots, or all of the above?

Not ditch your Stowe plans.  Maybe goto Jay?

New page :vaping:

Edited by RootDKJ
New page!!!
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

Not ditch your Stowe plans.  

I think salty should go out west. He has the time and the means. Not to mention all the hot skier chick pussy that will be thrown at him when he shows up on the slopes with his RTMs....101 less than the length will be on tap for SaltyBalls

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think salty should go out west. He has the time and the means. Not to mention all the hot skier chick pussy that will be thrown at him when he shows up on the slopes with his RTMs....101 less than the length will be on tap for SaltyBalls

I only go on one ski trip per year and want to ski in the perder. This is great advice!!!

Edited by saltyant

Just now, JFskiDan said:

Rent boots. Lol. No. Why the fuck would you rent boots when you can (and always should) carry them on?  Dont be a cheap ass. Make your trip the best experience it can be. Forget trying to nickel and dime everything. 

That sounds like something Ski2Live would do. I know Ski2Live shared a suitcase with his buddy on his 1.5 day ski trip to Colorado a few years ago.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I only go on one ski trip per year and want to ski in the perder. This is great advice!!!

And you can always go to Vermont later in the season.  There’s no rule that says you’re limited to one ski trip per year.  You might just have to postpone that trip to go Tour de France and visit the Switzerland of PA Jim Thorpe. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Doug’s an expert in this field. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Go to Utah. Its going to snow on the 6th/7th, and 9th. Utah can be a better option if you dont want to drive/rent a car. 

@saltyant this is great advice. If you want to be cheap, the place we stayed st has free breakfast and dinner, shuttle to airport, and Utah ski bus stop. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Barb has buddy passes for copper mountain if you end up going there. She can email them to you for you to print out. I think like $79 or $89 instead of whatever they charge maybe $130 a day. 

The buddy passes are now only 20% off window rates and the pass holder has to be there to use them. No more printing them out, sadly. 

Just now, Barb said:

The buddy passes are now only 20% off window rates and the pass holder has to be there to use them. No more printing them out, sadly. 

Well it was good while it lasted..thanks again Barb for hooking me up with buddy passes in the past.  I wonder if Salty booked his trip yet. 

You fly Frontier that carry on costs you like $160 round trip. Never find I have any problem getting good fitting rental boots and they are almost free if renting skis anyway. Saves $ and saves carrying crap. Sorry I like going on ski vacations not piss away money and carry stuff in airport vacations. Pack smart in a personal item sized backpack and afford more western ski trips that way.

Fools and their money . .   

• Love 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You fly Frontier that carry on costs you like $160 round trip. Never find I have any problem getting good fitting rental boots and they are almost free if renting skis anyway. Saves $ and saves carrying crap. Sorry I like going on ski vacations not piss away money and carry stuff in airport vacations. Pack smart in a personal item sized backpack and afford more western ski trips that way.

Oh Salty this reminds me, another tip is to hang around trash cans in high traffic areas. When people throw away unfinished food you can grab it out and save on meals! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Oh Salty this reminds me, another tip is to hang around trash cans in high traffic areas. When people throw away unfinished food you can grab it out and save on meals! 

I’m laughing so hard..thanks for that.  I actually once had a man in Johnny rockets at the Chicago airport ask me if I wanted some of his fries because he wasn’t gonna eat them all when he noticed I only had a burger and no fries.  I declined but later regretted my decision. 

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

When you go on a date and pay your part of the bill with your Frontier MasterCard I imagine it’s a real panty dropper. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Frontier really charges $80 each way for carryon?  How much did a three day ski rental cost at copper mountain?

I think it was about $75 as I got a discount on it with the lodging booking. And I would have wanted to rent fatter skis anyway so just bringing my boots would not have saved me much. Some folks are real sensitive and need to have just the right boots, I understand. I'm not.