2011-2012 P.A.S.R. Utah Invasion thread....

phillycore

Woke up this morning to find out that Snowbird received 8 inches overnight. Stopped at Canyon Sports on the way, picked up lift tix and ended up arriving at Snowbird around 9am. The line for the tram was about 25 minutes long. Got to the top and skied an amazing powder run on Regulator Johnson. From there we skied down to the littlecloud lift and back up to the top. It was perfect timing as they JUST dropped the ropes to Mineral Basin. After skiing the "Path to Paradise" to the bowl, Phillycore screamed "There are no friends on Powder Days...see ya bitches" as he jumped in to fresh untouched powder. Dan and I followed. We spent the next hour and a half or so back there scoping out untouched powder before making our way back to Cirque Traverse. Mineral Basin is exactly the way I envision Heaven.

Cirque Traverse took us to Great Scott / Upper Cirque etc. This area was on my hit list and lived up to expectations. Hella steep. After skiing Great Scott and the bowl below we made our way to the bottom for lunch. After lunch we decided to take the tram again since we paid extra for it. At the top we heard a local say that they just dropped the ropes on the "Road to Provo". Again luck was on our side as we made our way over to untouched powder on the Road to Provo down to the Gad Valley. Floating through this area and mineral basin was insane. In Gad Valley Phillycore and I found more untouched in some trees. We ended with with some blues and greens as our legs were f'd up pretty bad. We got back at to the car at 4:15 and skied pretty much open to close.

Pics are coming. Next stop Powder Mountain tomorrow.

• Like 1

our morning view

420273_581973109454_39300404_31921120_798695263_n.jpg

Snowbasin lodge... looks like a place Jeff would go. :glare:

404180_581973174324_39300404_31921121_285126524_n.jpg

Snowbasin

407663_581972964744_39300404_31921118_323860551_n.jpg

396339_581973049574_39300404_31921119_358352971_n.jpg

our tour guide, Jake.

418320_581973239194_39300404_31921122_1898410962_n.jpg

408106_581973433804_39300404_31921125_1598236553_n.jpg

So much bacon..

396458_581973388894_39300404_31921124_1139450228_n.jpg

didn't shave for a reason. snowstache.

396709_581973618434_39300404_31921128_1786941170_n.jpg

and finally, our sick rental van.

407352_581973568534_39300404_31921127_700121143_n.jpg

anyway, we had a good time. they got about 4" last night and a lot got blown in. fund stuff everywhere. fun drops. some nice little wind lips. some good shit for sure. Justo got some vids, i do too but i haven't put anything together. maybe by the end of the trip.

powmow tomorrow. hopefully the other guys can meet up up there for opening. pumped to ride with them if they can.

• Like 3

The dirty....

Woke up, Drove to Canyon Sports.... bought ticket, drove to Snowbird... JF ski Dan and I went up Wilbere lift, down Harper's Ferry for untracked , back down to Wilbere lift... went down Harper's ferry east to to bass hwy to catch the Tram to the top.... Met Ridge Racer at the top of the tram as he went the baller vip shuttle bus route over to the lodge so he could get his platinum passport ticket. Then we freshly regulated our johnson's down to the little cloud lift which they were skipping every other chair due to some ice on the cable or some shit. I arrived at the top first and noticed a bunch of peeps hauling the mail towards mineral basin. Dan and Dom got to the top of the lift and I said that way fella's ...there's a reason why everyone's headed that way and off we bolted...

We arrived just as they dropped the ropes for untracked primo down mineral basin. Couldn't have timed that shit any better if we tried. Lady luck was showing us her titty sparkles today fo' shizzle. We traversed across until we found an untouched line and I yelled out.. No Friend's on a powder day BIOTCHEZ!! then dropped.... Definitely skied deeper than 8" of fresh, at least that's what she said...

We then took the mineral basin lift up and back down for more goods....to the baldy express lift We spotted a double chute while riding the lift so we dropped back in and worked across over to it Dom took the baller (high chute) route while Dan and I took the peasant (lower chute) route down to the mineral basin lift.

From there we headed over to the cirque, Dom dropped in closer to great scott, Dan and I dropped in by upper cirque....steep n deep...fluff and stuff like mom dukes used to make back in the day.

towards anderson's hill to who dunnit to blackjack back down to the base lodge for lunch. I opted for the turkey burger and fries.

After lunch we boarded the tram up to the top. The tram announcement said road to provo was still closed so we got off the tram and pulled out a map because that was the route we wanted to take to get over to the other side. just as we were about to pull the map out, we heard someone say they just opened road to provo..

The mad dash was on like donkey kong playin ping pong... We took road to provo and dropped into shireen for first track freshies once again lady luck was dishing out her goodz. then down the mark malu fork where Dom and I popped onto organ grinder and Dan continued on mark malu . Dom and I found even more untouched through the trees and down the face to where we met back up with Dan and took gad gully down to the gad 2 lift.

Then we took tiger tail to lower bassackwards and finished it off running the gadzzoom liftline to the lift.

For the final run of the day Dom and I took lunch run to big badunkadunk emma to wilbere ridge to the wilbere lift where we hiked up the hill to the car at closing time. 4:15 on the clock when we unbooted and rolled out.

Sick day for sure.... Powder Mountain tomorrow

Had to duck some ropes for these freshies.....Dom took it a little wide and had to walk up at the end.... little over knee deep.

post-1572-0-09739400-1327727187_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-95326200-1327727893_thumb.jpg

post-1572-0-95326200-1327727893_thumb.jpg

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 2

Woke up this morning to find out that Snowbird received 8 inches overnight. Stopped at Canyon Sports on the way, picked up lift tix and ended up arriving at Snowbird around 9am. The line for the tram was about 25 minutes long. Got to the top and skied an amazing powder run on Regulator Johnson. From there we skied down to the littlecloud lift and back up to the top. It was perfect timing as they JUST dropped the ropes to Mineral Basin. After skiing the "Path to Paradise" to the bowl, Phillycore screamed "There are no friends on Powder Days...see ya bitches" as he jumped in to fresh untouched powder. Dan and I followed. We spent the next hour and a half or so back there scoping out untouched powder before making our way back to Cirque Traverse. Mineral Basin is exactly the way I envision Heaven.

Cirque Traverse took us to Great Scott / Upper Cirque etc. This area was on my hit list and lived up to expectations. Hella steep. After skiing Great Scott and the bowl below we made our way to the bottom for lunch. After lunch we decided to take the tram again since we paid extra for it. At the top we heard a local say that they just dropped the ropes on the "Road to Provo". Again luck was on our side as we made our way over to untouched powder on the Road to Provo down to the Gad Valley. Floating through this area and mineral basin was insane. In Gad Valley Phillycore and I found more untouched in some trees. We ended with with some blues and greens as our legs were f'd up pretty bad. We got back at to the car at 4:15 and skied pretty much open to close.

Pics are coming. Next stop Powder Mountain tomorrow.

So glad you guys are having a good trip. It's gonna be hard to go back to JF after that.

• Like 1