the pics from today thread

Justin

thats wild. very little change here in bethlehem.

To be fair I am on like the tippy top of the hill. It's constantly windy and a couple degrees cooler than if you were to drive 5 minutes down the hill to rt 100. I rented this place specifically because we regularly get more snow than just down the bottom of the hill, well that and the wood stove and resident wild/tame maine coon cat that lives in the bushes.

Guitar no way it will stay cool up north from here on out. There's a thing called native American summer.

this is true.....and i know this is way early for them to start blowing snow anyhow. just suppose i'm having bad flashbacks from last fall :unsure:

Sure lookin like fall up around the Bear Creek area.

572352.jpeg

Pretty leafy in the poconos as well. cleaned out the gutters, (sorry ride, no pics) blew off the deck and driveway, mulched the leaves on the grass. By Sunday morning it looked like i hadnt done a damn thing.

Pretty leafy in the poconos as well. cleaned out the gutters, (sorry ride, no pics) blew off the deck and driveway, mulched the leaves on the grass. By Sunday morning it looked like i hadnt done a damn thing.

What am I supposed to do without pictures?

Killingtons new president is apparently gonna be aggressive about being first to open so I'm sure they are shooting for an opening in the next two weeks or so weather permitting. Would take a miracle for them to remain open though.

Killington has supposedly already begun snowmaking for the season, and as they always do, rumors are already circulating about them opening tomorrow. The end of the 10 day looks promising, but the 9 days after this one don't. Killington's recent policy has always been that they will only open if they can stay open, and the new president seems to stick behind that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a weekend only operation, but everything I have heard points away from that...

Killington has a big advantage vs Sunday river for first to open in the east. There's a whole thread on that on alpinezone

I love the River, but when Killington wants to open first, they do... And I also understand how and why that happens... You won't hear any crazed uneducated unfounded fanboy statements out of me for that argument...

Yep, it's a Lefty. When i first rode one,I did stare at it while riding the first six weeks or so. Despite Justo and T*Maki making fun of it (and my Lycra), I really like it. Since it rolls on needle bearings instead of rubber bushings, the travel is super smooth. Working on it is pretty easy, too.

When it replaced the Hedshock (which was a horrendous product), I thought it was just another gimmick fork. The Cannondale guys explained that it's built on the concept of airplane landing gear, and that makes sense. The only downside is getting aftermarket wheels because of the front hub. Stan's No Tubes now makes compatible wheels, so that ends that problem.

If you want to take one out for an afternoon, I can grab a demo bike from the shop.

The original idea was that you could change a flat on your front tire without having to take the wheel off. Now that most racers run tubeless systems, it's not really an issue. It's now just weight. Lots of custom frame builders are making Lefty-compatible frames because of the weight savings.