the pics from today thread

Justin

Timless- was looking into the Monteray Bay area because husband and son were thinking of going to see the moto gp race there. Their tourism website pretty much has those exact pictures you posted of the kayaking. Looks fun.

Timless- was looking into the Monteray Bay area because husband and son were thinking of going to see the moto gp race there. Their tourism website pretty much has those exact pictures you posted of the kayaking. Looks fun.

Barb, you should definitely get here for the GP, my son and I go every year and it's a great event, nice circuit, weather, atmosphere etc. Tell them to bring something warm for the morning 'cos it's always cold down there before 10/11AM at that time of year.

The kayaking is great, I would recommend it to anyone coming to the area and if you can wrap a few days in carmel/monterey around the MotoGP, you will have a great time.

We are thinking about moto gp for next year. While my husband has always been a huge fan, son just started getting into it recently. Husband has to bid on his vacation time in Jan for the next year so he can't get the time off this summer. But next summer driving the motorhome to Ca for gp and some touristy stuff sounds good to me.

those left hand people are weird man, i dont get what theyre all about. real shady masons shit.

almost as bad as those yerba matte 12 tribes at that bakery - these fools tried to get me to join. they have a pamphlet and everything. awesome drinks and baked goods though so cant knock em.

i slept in/baked out the left hand book store on pearl. was the most ridiculous place ive ever slept. my friend told me one day outta the blue he had a key to it, so we went in. apparently theyre real friendly and my buddy was helping them out so they gave him a key to sleep in there when he needed. 5 people and a dog smoking 2 blunts and a few bowls in this closed book store. best sleep ive had in a while at the time.

those left hand people are weird man, i dont get what theyre all about. real shady masons shit.

almost as bad as those yerba matte 12 tribes at that bakery - these fools tried to get me to join. they have a pamphlet and everything. awesome drinks and baked goods though so cant knock em.

i slept in/baked out the left hand book store on pearl. was the most ridiculous place ive ever slept. my friend told me one day outta the blue he had a key to it, so we went in. apparently theyre real friendly and my buddy was helping them out so they gave him a key to sleep in there when he needed. 5 people and a dog smoking 2 blunts and a few bowls in this closed book store. best sleep ive had in a while at the time.

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

2nd picture reminds me of full house. You have fun in San Fran with Mauser.

pretty sure it is the same exact street from the opening credits

If you look real close you can see Aunt Becky walking in the lower right hand part of the picture. Awwww yeahh.

• 2 weeks later...

after hurricane force winds forced me to mountain bike saturday and sunday, I was able to bag a line today I have been looking at for quite a while. There may not be much snow left, but the snow that is there is skiing extremely well (in the front range at least). I skied some of the smoothest corn of my life today. It felt weird being comfortable opening up that much in the BC, but the snow was absolutely perfect:

2 pics:

547655_10100911298013373_10238856_57670424_250421654_n.jpg

542420_10100911300243903_10238856_57670431_313505395_n.jpg

Edited by jordan
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Second attempt at Bear Peak from another route. Finally made it to the top. But this route was longer, 8.4 miles and completely kicked my ass. Views from the top are amazing.

Last rock scramble to get to the top

bearpeakviashadowcanyon009.jpg

bearpeakviashadowcanyon014.jpg

bearpeakviashadowcanyon007.jpg

Edited by Barb

people at the top :lol:

that always pissed me off about some spots. you think youll get to the top and have a moment to yourself but nope, theres some guy making a phone call to his buddies answering machine lettin him know his current elevation.

I know, I had to wait a good 10 minutes before I could even try to climb up. Before I took that pic there were double the amount of people up there. But what did I expect.....it is Saturday.

Nice barb! i love bear, for some reason I always enjoyed that hike much more than green. That smoke is pretty crazy, huh?

I skied torreys today, then went on a 16 mile bike ride on the centennial cone trail network in clear creek canyon. I am pretty beat. Ill post some pics later, probably one of my last ski days of the season. Snow quality is starting to go downhill.