the pics from today thread

Justin

Wow where is there 3500 feet of climbing? I never understood gardening. Why take all that time and effort to grow things you can just buy at the grocery store.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.26466,-75.79809/39.837145,-75.59845/@40.0512122,-75.7464343,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!4m5!1m1!4e1!1m1!4e1!3e1?hl=en

South is about 1750 and North is 1850

I don't know how accurate that is but I mean Google never lies right. This dude says it's more but I don't know, there is alot of climbing until you hit Downington - http://chipbiking.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/bike-route-l-part-5-birdsboro-to-delaware-state-line/

Who knew there were so many gardeners....rode route L, super super nice. 3500ft of climbing with two nearly perfect descents, low traffic, at one point I came to a t intersection with zero cars and full on 6ft high corn on all sides, looked like Nebraska.

ebVD91R.jpg

You ride the whole thing from top to bottom? How many miles was that? Looks like a great ride.

stay off route 282 on your bike! lol

hahahah, that was the worst section but there are bunch of peeps riding through there around Marsh Creek area and traffic was light. I did feel bad for some cars but whatever 15 seconds of waiting ain't gonna impact their lives.

Stick to bike paths...

I only do road rides maybe once a week, it a nice change from SRT/Valley Forge

You ride the whole thing from top to bottom? How many miles was that? Looks like a great ride.

Really good ride, I rode 70 miles on route L, I can ride from my house to Birdsboro on the SRT which is about 10 miles so round trip was 81ish.

I think I remember you ride MTB at French Creek sometimes, the descent out of FCSP is really good. 345 North into Birdboro is steep and very fast, in that direction is also has new pavement and a good shoulder. I hit 37mph and I ride the brakes because I'm a pussy. You can also take Shed Rd which is more flowy.

345 South is boner city, a mix of fast and flowy and it drops you out into a low angle downhill through a really beautiful farm area with tree canopied road. Rural PA magazine shit.

Ride your MTB down at least once it's super super fun. I've ridden all the big hills in Berks, Neversink, Mt. Penn. Church Lane, etc.  and 345 is by far the best.

Wear your helmets, kids.

Damn dude that's POC, they are pretty sturdy. You in one piece ?

• Like 3

Damn dude that's POC, they are pretty sturdy. You in one piece ?

Yeah, I was pre-riding the course for yesterday's race and had a bit of an incident with Mr Tree. My head is totally fine (this is the helmet with the MIPS protective layer), but my neck is a little sore.  Nothing some Alleve and beer won't fix.

Fall closing in means the start of prime hiking/backpacking season. Put in 22 miles on the iron stone loop out in Rothrock state forest by state college this past weekend. Was supposed to be a 2 day 15 & 7 mile split. Ended up reaching our campsite by 4 pm and kept pressing on, by 5:30 we only had 4 miles left and decided to hoof it on out. Turned into essentially a 22 mile day hike with 25 pounds on the back just for good measure- we'll just call it a training hike.

E9ACC2F5-FBBF-4874-8ABB-5DAA7FB352CC.jpg

Nice views of state college on one side of the ridge and nothing but state forest and the Appalachians on the other.

Oh, and we were lucky enough to be sharing the trail with 8 friendly timber rattlers (that we saw). Thankfully they were kind enough to give us about 10 feet of notice before we tripped over them. A few of them approaching 5 feet and about as thick as a Pringles can.

There were actually 4 of them hidden in this shot

22E8212C-6727-445D-84ED-DDD35811A82C_1.j

BD5D71E8-5984-4614-97A4-25AC4D1EEA2E.jpg

DD4447CB-DC03-4510-981B-8D2FBCCDB732_1.j

Two of the more pissed off customers

43A1C253-1AE5-47E4-BC34-44C1C15E40C3.jpg

• Like 6