the pics from today thread

Justin

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

hawk falls on a weekend is the definition of shit show...they literally have state park people there parking cars. 

I was there on a Monday and not that busy a couple dozen people total.  It is amazing the amount of NJ and NY people in that part of the poconos and people working at the couple stores I went to all seemed a little slow and stand offish

Did a 4 hour ride today in the new (used) bike. BMW K1600 GT. It feels really solid, like it better then our old touring bike. About 165 miles then the last 20 min we got caught in monsoon rain. Lol. 

IMG_8400.thumb.jpeg.1b22b36abe59feb3f0b9915de0e70b89.jpeg

IMG_8401.thumb.jpeg.9621f92cfc6e524df4441ed5f996e852.jpeg

Did not go into the park but this is Black Canyon of the Gunnison. You can skirt the road on top without having to pay the fee and still see some nice views. 

• Like 6

That’s a serious motorcycle..I googled it.  When Atomic Jeff finds out your husband is a BMW owner, he might get an invitation to his mens only car wash club.  @NMSKI doesn’t even have a BMW but they let him be in charge of the towels.  

What park are you talking about?  On my Colorado geology trip we saw the black canyon of the Gunnison between going from Gunnison and marble.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a National Park. I have never been in the park but have done the road outside the park in a car and on back of the bike. 

My husband had his eye on another used bike but made the mistake of taking me along to Motorado. When I saw the K1600 I knew that’s the one we had to go with. I really like it. It’s a 2016 and only had 7500 miles.  Looks like it sat in someone’s garage and is in perfect condition. BMW motorcycles now have key fobs and the guy who sold it I assume was a dick  and sold the second fob on eBay or something. I mean who loses that?  So we had to buy another one from the factory. BMW= bring more wallet. 

41 minutes ago, Barb said:

Black Canyon of the Gunnison is a National Park. I have never been in the park but have done the road outside the park in a car and on back of the bike. 

My husband had his eye on another used bike but made the mistake of taking me along to Motorado. When I saw the K1600 I knew that’s the one we had to go with. I really like it. It’s a 2016 and only had 7500 miles.  Looks like it sat in someone’s garage and is in perfect condition. BMW motorcycles now have key fobs and the guy who sold it I assume was a dick  and sold the second fob on eBay or something. I mean who loses that?  So we had to buy another one from the factory. BMW= bring more wallet. 

Yeah backup key fob is important..Barb have you ever driven a motorcycle before?  I have not..