the pics from today thread

Justin

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Matt Edge and TheDude4Bides will be at Stowe Thursday to Sunday..the Matterhorn is gonna be Lit AF!!!  Did you know that modern day snowboarding became popular very early on at Stratton and Jake Burton first set up shop in Londonberry before moving his headquarters to Burlington and his residence to Stowe. I rode the lift with Jake Burton when I was in college and he asked me why I didn’t snowboard. I’ve also seen him at Piecasso before. 

I DID know that as it happens because the two hilarious stoners at the table next to me at lunch were really passionate about snowboarding history at Stratton, so I got a brief lesson in addition to the half-pipe play-by-play. I really should have stayed longer at that table; who knows what may have happened. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:
9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
I still know how to do the Macarena although the one move is painful due to my arm. 

How's the arm doing? You gonna be good for CO?

I’ve been good for Blue so no issue for CO..even if it was broken I would still ski. I think it’s at like 49%. The last time I hurt my arm like this it took like four months for it to heal fully which really hurt my powerlifting routine. 

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve been good for Blue so no issue for CO..even if it was broken I would still ski. I think it’s at like 49%. The last time I hurt my arm like this it took like four months for it to heal fully which really hurt my powerlifting routine. 

I guess the real question here is whether you'll be able to haul skis, boots along with other luggage with you. Kinda needs both hands strong to do that.

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

I guess the real question here is whether you'll be able to haul skis, boots along with other luggage with you. Kinda needs both hands strong to do that.

Yeah I’m fine and it’s not lifting those things it’s pulling those things on wheels..only lifting is putting my rollerboard with ski boots in overhead bin. If it’s any trouble I’ll have flight attendant assist me.  I’m early board boarding on southwest which is straight baller status.  I haven’t been pushing tombstones around. 

Eaf you you write better than you speak!!

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I’m fine and it’s not lifting those things it’s pulling those things on wheels..only lifting is putting my rollerboard with ski boots in overhead bin. If it’s any trouble I’ll have flight attendant assist me.  I’m early board boarding on southwest which is straight baller status.  I haven’t been pushing tombstones around. 

Thanks for posting this twice so I had the benefit of reading your post again!

I can't do any twelve-hour marathon days up here, but am doing the best I can. I was the last bag left in an formerly crowded bag room today at Okemo. 4:15 pm: pitiful. C'mon people, if the chair's runnig it's skiable!

5abadf83f23e6_2018-03-2716_07_45.thumb.jpg.2b2407e06104d84a0eb7c146e5dc8a72.jpg

Also FFS I left my W-2 forms at home in Bethlehem, so I have to make a quick trip to PA.  Not sure when but will try to hit a weekend and bring my skis. The only tricky part is that my cat screams nonstop in the car like he's being repeatedly stabbed with a butter knife, so I want to leave him here in VT. But my mom doesn't know anything about cats and she falls for his con-man bullshit every time.  (He's not starving. Look at him.)  And she's very forgetful, so I have to leave notes like this all over the place. 

5abae040b4520_JerkCat.thumb.jpg.a98e4163c65fcbdad9fdb55b138a528c.jpg

So I dunno I might shoot down this weekend, might postpone until next. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

I have a friend who lived in Hawaii for about 2 years while her husband was stationed there. She hated it and couldn't wait to get back to the mainland. 

I spent two weeks there last summer.  Best vacation I ever had, but I wouldn't want to live there either.