The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

We're moving over to Glenside, but I'll still be working in Manayunk. We gotta grab some beers one of these nights.

I had a late lunch at Union Jack's over there on Tuesday, they have Lagunitas on tap. Good luck with the move. I've been doing $2 MHL's at the Brickhouse occasionally on Tuesday or Thursday nites. You can still smoke in the bar.

I had a late lunch at Union Jack's over there on Tuesday, they have Lagunitas on tap. Good luck with the move. I've been doing $2 MHL's at the Brickhouse occasionally on Tuesday or Thursday nites. You can still smoke in the bar.

I was just at The Brickhouse on Monday. Pretty decent place. Awesome beer list. We move in 9/30, so any time after that, I'm in.

Took a hike to the top of the Bush yesterday. Lots of fall colors up here. The change in the foliage in 5 days has been pretty stellar. It's been relatively warm and humid here, but still much better than home. Calling for a low of 35 on Thursday. Less than 60 days till K-Mart opens.

• Like 1

I hope to do 7 ski days in JH...then a Telluride/Aspen double header for two weeks. 6 ski days in Tride with some friends and then fly up to Aspen for 7 ski days with Jstyle. Would be nice to hit 20 days out west this year. Subject to change :)

It must be tough to be rich and white. And you have friends? Since when?

• Like 2

Thought a lot about it and it's official. No teaching for me this year and more skiing at Blue on weeknights. Mbike post up when your ready to take sign ups for your ski club deal. I'm on that shit.

good deal man. You will have to hit me up when you go. It will be a bit easier for me to get there in the evenings this year.

WRONG

Jordan is right Telluride averages 309 inches a year and Aspen 300

All opinions is right...Tride is drier, way less acreage, etc, etc. But, I want to get back, and they've added new terrain, so back I will go. But, I like Aspen for more than the skiing.

By drier, do you guys mean the water content in the snow or snowfall? I'm pretty damn sure T-ride is drier as far as water content/dry pow are concerned, but feel free to provide some actual proof which I don't have.

Plus, I would never provide resort snowfall statistics as evidence of anything. There is no consistency behind WHEN, or WHERE they measure. A nine inch difference just means they are the same. Spread nine inches over 120 day season. What's that, less than a tenth of an inch a day? Doesn't even cover gravel. Maybe compare their base depth on the last day and then you'll learn something.

A nine inch difference just means they are the same.

My point exactly. If he said he was going to SLC or the PNW for better snow, he would have a case. Telluride has far better terrain and similar snow, the two things that should matter to real skiers. Unless you get caught up in the glitz of aspen, I don't see the case for why it's better?

that said...both aspen and telluride ROCK

• Like 1