November 22nd 2014...opening day

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from Blue mountains earliest opening day. I arrived at the upper lot at 7:30am and it was 17 degrees and many PASRs were already booted up. In the house were Johnny Law, Toast, Atomic Jeff, Ryan, Slim, Rodney, slightly overweight MILFs husband, JFBB-Dan, PARidge, Guitar, TinyMoose, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn and prob a few others I missed.

At exactly 8am general manager and reality TV star Jim Daily announced we could ski and it was a mad dash of several dozen skiers and riders down vista, midway and Main Street...conditions were very nice..the worst conditions were just a few soft cookies on lower Main Street and a little slickness around the last corner of lazy which is typical. He's i said lazy as at about 8:20AM lazy mile was opened which is the first time I remember lazy being open on opening day, at least in the morning. Tuts lane is also fully covered with snow and snowmaking operations occurred in the valley as well the past 4-5 days.

Liftlines were short for opening day and the option to ride the Burma lift kept waits down a bit. I think $40 lift tickets for opening day and a super early opening kept many casual skiers off the slopes while others likely didnt expect the local ski season to begin so early and had other plans. Come around park is fully open with 8-9 features and small booters. I skied through there twice and it was nice snow and the chute was nice as well...groomed hardpack had some bite to it. Upper Main Street was silky smooth would be good conditions mid season and the seeds were laid for Barney's bumps.

Around 10am me and atomic Jeff hit the parking lot and some PASRs were already there drinking and a few others joined in the next 20-30 minutes. I just had two Sam Adams winter lagers and was still chilly in the upper lot. With smaller than expected crowds and better than expected conditions along with it being November 22nd I'm calling today the best opening day at Blue..hands down...good seeing everybody after a 7 month off season. I'll be back tomorrow same time..different beer...JADIP

• Like 6

Maybe the learning area of the valley. Homestretch needs a couple more nights of snowmaking and now it's supposed to be 70 degrees on Monday for Allentown and only marginal snowmaking temperatures late in the week. Will likely be the same terrain as today for at least a week and a half