Zee Lights

skifreak

42 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

IMG_4425.jpeg.54f6b56a39b4e007fff74cd0987c35a0.jpegBlow snow on a tubing run that you’re not going to open on till Thursday the seventh? But you’re not open for mid week skiing?

They need to blow snow as much as they can on everything they can. I could see people upset if they were only blowing on tubing and not other stuff…this little 60 hour period might be all they get for weeks to blow and this could keep them going till and when it gets cold again.  

Theyre also just about never open midweek the first week or two after opening.  It’s about to be ski season in a few days and people are complaining.  Be grateful this this marginal snowmaking window in late November. Without it we might not have skiing till Xmas 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Lol yeah tubing subsidizes our addiction. It can be costly if you don’t have employees who pay attention.

https://www.law.com/verdictsearch/verdict/dangerous-snow-tubing-slope-led-to-fracture-alleged-lawsuit/

I wonder if they will be upset if I ski down the tubing lanes while looking at idle ski lifts 🙃☹️

You’re fucking annoying today lol check out the bear creek webcams if you want to be pissed lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re fucking annoying today lol check out the bear creek webcams if you want to be pissed lol

So go ski Bear Creek. I get being too lazy to drive to Belleayre or Hunter, but that's in your back yard.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What does that even mean?

large pressurized water leak. 6 min after that came through, tubing, homestretch and lower main were all killed. sounds like they rectified it pretty quickly tho. everythingwentbetterthanexpected.psd

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Benm said:

large pressurized water leak. 6 min after that came through, tubing, homestretch and lower main were all killed. sounds like they rectified it pretty quickly tho. everythingwentbetterthanexpected.psd

it looks like there was some type of water event on homestretch.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Lol yeah tubing subsidizes our addiction. It can be costly if you don’t have employees who pay attention.

https://www.law.com/verdictsearch/verdict/dangerous-snow-tubing-slope-led-to-fracture-alleged-lawsuit/

I wonder if they will be upset if I ski down the tubing lanes while looking at idle ski lifts 🙃☹️

Do it some time.  I will then crown you the coolest guy i know from a web forum.  Maybe even make you a plaque of some kind out of some old skis or something.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Do it some time.  I will then crown you the coolest guy i know from a web forum.  Maybe even make you a plaque of some kind out of some old skis or something.  

Haha might be fun. Just a little cathartic whining about tubing being open while skiing isn’t. 🙃

A few years ago I straight lined the last 50yds of the incline on Mt Pisgah in Jim Thorpe. Scared the crap out of myself ended up hitting frozen foot prints and sliding into second base on the ball field. 

25 minutes ago, Benm said:

if you mean the big swath in the middle, they do have a snowcat out

before that, and sometime around the time you posted, there was what looked like a swath of water like in between the 2nd and third pole up the right side.  kinda came down the middle where that snow cat has since gone.  like maybe a hose blew.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

before that, and sometime around the time you posted, there was what looked like a swath of water like in between the 2nd and third pole up the right side.  kinda came down the middle where that snow cat has since gone.  like maybe a hose blew.  

ah, that i don't know, maybe you are right. i'm not entirely sure where the leak was.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Benm said:

would be amazing if they kept things running overnight and throughout the day tomorrow. its a shame there's so much wind tho, i wonder how much it affects things.  

hopefully the wind dies down soon.  I mean, its pretty marginal for snow making right now, production isnt the greatest, but at least its something.  and yeah, we might be able to ski at @Dirtwolf's house pretty soon.  

• Like 4