Zee Lights

skifreak

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. I haven't been checking. Is Razors Edge open for the race team yet??

The optimistic answer is this…and gosh it’s getting late better check the blue webcam one more time.  Something about seeing those snowmaking cannons blasting puts me at ease..salty tell your hot sister tubing opens on Friday. 

C20B4078-E521-40E3-85EA-6415468AD89F.gif

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I wasn't joking, at least earlier I could see at the very top of the tubing cam the tell-tale cloud that meant they were making snow on Paradise and presumably Coming Soon. Really hoping they can add those to the terrain for this weekend to spread traffic around so the other two roots don't get so beat up

based on what Paradise looked like from the quad last week, its gonna need more than 12 hrs of snowmaking.  

I would be pleasantly surprised if it opened, but not surprised at all if it doesnt go this weekend.  

Edit - just saw tonights temps are decent for making snow tonight, so better chance.  i thought wednesday night was the only window.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Looks like another midweek closing, hopefully the last one.

Screenshot_20231208_141908_Instagram.jpg

Yeah the warm pee rain will be doing a number but I’m optimistic for the coming week. The nighttime temperatures look better than the last two weeks. I think upper main st opens next as there was still a good bit of moonscape snow leftover. 

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

Yeah the warm pee rain will be doing a number but I’m optimistic for the coming week. The nighttime temperatures look better than the last two weeks. I think upper main st opens next as there was still a good bit of moonscape snow leftover. 

More like the warm pee monsoon deluge on the order of 2+"!

At least the retention ponds will be full...

10 hours ago, saltyant said:

This heavy rain today will be really great for the snowmaking retention ponds.

Yup it’s raining 1/4” an hour…I think Blue is gonna survive this monsoon..just barely.  Melting will stop tomorrow..what remains of the snow will set up tomorrow night and hopefully they can blow for a couple hours…long range looks like we’re gonna be skiing the same stuff for awhile.  It’s nice to know that theres good coverage on coming soon.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

They got a dusting which covers up how much they lost yesterday.

Fucking blows to come home to 60 degrees  monsoon weather.

Pdis after that shit would be a legit Christmas miracle

Yeah, not gonna hold my breath for that one, but if this forecast holds, they have a shot at it.  not a lock by any means, but they would have to go full send on it when they can.  One would think that free fall is pretty much being held hostage by Paradise, since they have those really nice guns on FF.  I think they would want Paradise and FF open for Christmas, so it makes sense that they would give it the old college try.....not the college i went to, but the good kind of college.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, not gonna hold my breath for that one, but if this forecast holds, they have a shot at it.  not a lock by any means, but they would have to go full send on it when they can.  One would think that free fall is pretty much being held hostage by Paradise, since they have those really nice guns on FF.  I think they would want Paradise and FF open for Christmas, so it makes sense that they would give it the old college try.....not the college i went to, but the good kind of college.  

They got the same guns on Paradise too now, at least I think they are the same. All new guns top to bottom this summer, but it didn't work out for them. I read somewhere they said they lost a lot of the production on Paradise into the trees with the wind. Hopefully the wind stays away drunk the snowmaking windows this week

• Like 1