Zee Lights

skifreak

34 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't think p dis or freefall is opening this weekend, at least not based on my observation from the quad this morning and GSS is right...razors will be gone after Sundays weather 

IMG_20231215_101720_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231215_101917_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231215_101914_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231215_101918_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20231215_101524_HDR.jpg

damn.  i was really thinking paradise would be a lock after the amount of hours they put forth on the snowmaking this week.  

the pic for upper is obviously a no go, but its hard to judge what the depth is on the last pic of paradise.  Maybe FF to paradise?  

Oh, and in the other awesome news department, sundays weather is really starting to circle the drain.  

Just now, JFskiDan said:

damn.  i was really thinking paradise would be a lock after the amount of hours they put forth on the snowmaking this week.  

the pic for upper is obviously a no go, but its hard to judge what the depth is on the last pic of paradise.  Maybe FF to paradise?  

Oh, and in the other awesome news department, sundays weather is really starting to circle the drain.  

I believe that majority of the rain is supposed to be Sunday late afternoon or early evening.  Maybe we get the morning with 4pm closure?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

I believe that majority of the rain is supposed to be Sunday late afternoon or early evening.  Maybe we get the morning with 4pm closure?

Obviously hoping for the 4 pm closure.  Looking over all of the weather sites, i do think the morning would most likely be dry, but i think some are trending for it to come in sooner.  i didnt quite realize how much rain was gonna be associated with it until today.  Typical east coast fuckery in December.  cold, then as soon as some moisture shows up, it pisses warm rain.  then gets cold again.  this was our pattern last year.  we need to get out of it.  

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Obviously hoping for the 4 pm closure.  Looking over all of the weather sites, i do think the morning would most likely be dry, but i think some are trending for it to come in sooner.  i didnt quite realize how much rain was gonna be associated with it until today.  Typical east coast fuckery in December.  cold, then as soon as some moisture shows up, it pisses warm rain.  then gets cold again.  this was our pattern last year.  we need to get out of it.  

what I've been seeing as well...

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Ugh! Ditto!

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

El Nino, La Nina, doesn't seem to matter anymore.  PA gets fucked either way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Looks like snowmaking temps return Tuesday night..they should be able to resurface the existing 12 trails and tubing for the holidays.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That is a really grate bargain to ski a few dirty crowded trails!! Glad to hear Blue mountain hill is not leaving any Johnny Cash on the mantle!!

It's actually a reasonable deterrent. Even today it felt crowded, I wouldn't want to be on the same few trails tomorrow, being the only skiable day of this weekend. So, the more they charge, the less people will come.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, eaf said:

It's actually a reasonable deterrent. Even today it felt crowded, I wouldn't want to be on the same few trails tomorrow, being the only skiable day of this weekend. So, the more they charge, the less people will come.

Agreed if they charge $40 they’d prob bring in a similar amount of revenue but the experience wouldn’t be as good.  Realize with bear creek closed Blue gets some of those people as well.  While it was crowded on the runs today I felt most were pretty courteous. Amazing that I used to complain when there were like 3-4 people in my way on switchback or razors going like 75% of my speed where it just wasn’t worth passing..low risk reward.  Well with people going 10%,25%, 50%, 75%, my same speed and a few hauling past just a lot going on in my brain.

This Xmas week is gonna be bonkers.  Would be a good time to travel somewhere but I want to be in the office a little and also places are crowded and expensive then.  

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is charging $102 for a morning pass tomorrow and $115 for an 8 hours ticket.  

Good.  well, i mean, $120 is a better number as far as i am concerned.  

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Agreed if they charge $40 they’d prob bring in a similar amount of revenue 

This Xmas week is gonna be bonkers.  Would be a good time to travel somewhere but I want to be in the office a little and also places are crowded and expensive then.  

Charge $40, make $XXXX.  FB "slopes are soooo crowded.  WTF"

Charge $102/$115, make $XXXX.  FB "OMG, no way im paying that for 3 trails....highway robbery.  im going to Big Boulder"

it just works out the same.  

• Like 1