Zee Lights

skifreak

53 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Managed to make opening this morning, was surprisingly empty and pretty ok. They blew a bit on the bottom of main but you could still let it go from the top of midway in giant plunging arcs with reasonable smoothness. 

Some hard spots around and some major sticky spots anywhere it got even kinda deep from blowing but a solid day and most excellent to see them blowing. Right shoulder of TCS was soft velvet as it was fresh blown on 2 inches but by my last run it was already mixed in pretty good with the much harder snow in the middle/left hand side. 

Lazy and upper main for sure, rasins had laughable amounts of production. Under the guns is maybe 6 inches and the far side is still grass. 

With decent temps and maybe some natural it should be decent conditions but who knows

They sprayed snow on Raisins for like 24 hrs in marginal temps, right before the last deluge of rain.  They were able to make a shockingly small amount of snow.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

They sprayed snow on Raisins for like 24 hrs in marginal temps, right before the last deluge of rain.  They were able to make a shockingly small amount of snow.  

When they first turned them on yesterday it was straight water, I was on my way out but there was no nucleus whatsoever.

Still I figured all that blowing last night there would be some kinda pile but it really looked about the same whereas upper main has some depth. 

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They should give up on Razors and get Widowmaker open.  Race team can train on that like the old days.  

They did actually start on that the last go around.  i figured Widowmaker would be getting the treatment now, as it would take way less to get that open before Raisins.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

At this point will be nice to ski falls in a couple weeks maybe 

It seems they have been working on Crossover.  I'm wondering if the trick up their sleeves they were hinting at in yesterdays facebook post might be opening Crossover to maybe lower Razors as another option to Home Stretch from Lazy Mile?  That might be doable if any work has been done on lower razors, but I didnt ride the quad today to see.

Edited by DiMe

9 minutes ago, DiMe said:

It seems they have been working on Crossover.  I'm wondering if the trick up their sleeves they were hinting at in yesterdays facebook post might be opening Crossover to maybe lower Razors as another option to Home Stretch from Lazy Mile?  That might be doable if any work has been done on lower razors, but I didnt ride the quad today to see.

Whatever you’re smoking pass it this way…crossover to lower razors lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It will still be busy af, then come March when it's actually good and crazy nice out no one will be there.. 

tomorrow is gonna be the first day of the season for a lot of people or maybe the 2nd or third.  Non die hards just getting into it but they have 17 runs and 7 lifts to enjoy maybe more. They need to make each feature on Barbs way count as a run..Barbs Down Flat down, Barbs disco box and I’m done here. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Whatever you’re smoking pass it this way…crossover to lower razors lol. 

Guy on the lift this afternoon was telling us he thinks their big secret opening this weekend is Sidewinder. Wild. No blowing on it except Crossover which doesn’t really make sense since Falls hasn’t even been attempted yet.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Guy on the lift this afternoon was telling us he thinks their big secret opening this weekend is Sidewinder. Wild. No blowing on it except Crossover which doesn’t really make sense since Falls hasn’t even been attempted yet.

you sure he wasnt getting confused with switchback?  i know i always do.  

i wish it took like 12 hrs to open either one of them.  

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

you sure he wasnt getting confused with switchback?  i know i always do.  

i wish it took like 12 hrs to open either one of them.  

He said it on the MSE when we could see Switchback and said we had to go on the quad to see Sidewinder. We were perplexed 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Blue must have access to some super secret forecast. 

5 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I assume this is industry standard now but very cool nonetheless. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C147XB6OoJQ/?igsh=dDQ1N3FjajZncTh4

yeah that was pretty amazing

someone posted screenshots here from inside the snowcat that had a display with that info. i'd been wondering what it was. nice to know now

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Benm said:

its actually way more impressive than i thought. 

Amazing tech.  Back when I made snow it was dragging ground guns around by hand and guessing depths.  Sonar and automation just crazy 🤪 

• Like 1

I'll piss in the Cheerios. 

It also allows them to cut off the guns earlier than they might have in the past to save money -- sorry, be most efficient -- and get (and then keep) each trail at the minimum depth they think it needs to be skiable. A lot less "blow it deep, spread it out" than in the past. Which is great if it allows them to turn on more guns elsewhere. But is less snow on the mountain overall if they target certain trails and then target thin spots on those trails and aren't maxing capacity. 

I would say Blue wouldn't do it that way. But KSL would.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I'll piss in the Cheerios. 

It also allows them to cut off the guns earlier than they might have in the past to save money -- sorry, be most efficient -- and get (and then keep) each trail at the minimum depth they think it needs to be skiable. A lot less "blow it deep, spread it out" than in the past. Which is great if it allows them to turn on more guns elsewhere. But is less snow on the mountain overall if they target certain trails and then target thin spots on those trails and aren't maxing capacity. 

I would say Blue wouldn't do it that way. But KSL would.

Your not wrong.  I do still think though they set their goal numbers to make it to the end of March.  They dont ever try to push further I dont think.  Camel seems to take the last weekend or two in PA.