Zee Lights

skifreak

Just now, DiMe said:

There is discussion of a possible discount on the Ikon Base pass for all access Blue and Canelback pass holders.  We'll find out officially when Ikon drops the 24/25 news.  I am grabbing one.

right, but you'd still need to buy the blue pass.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, DiMe said:

There is discussion of a possible discount on the Ikon Base pass for all access Blue and Canelback pass holders.  We'll find out officially when Ikon drops the 24/25 news.  I am grabbing one.

Yeah I’m prob gonna have to bite the bullet and buy ikon and would be rad if there’s some sort of discount or perk for blue passholders.  For awhile they were giving Jackson hole season passholders base passes but that’s one of the flagship Ikonics. Plus if I’m on ikon I can ski with you and salty at camelback.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I’m prob gonna have to bite the bullet and buy ikon and would be rad if there’s some sort of discount or perk for blue passholders.  For awhile they were giving Jackson hole season passholders base passes but that’s one of the flagship Ikonics. Plus if I’m on ikon I can ski with you and salty at camelback.  

This is getting good.  We can have PASR Sugarbush Aprils all the way through after our local options close!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm not going back to JFBB

Not sure why I'm getting blasted for actually saying that I wanted to think about something before actually dropping nearly a grand. Damn

I feel you. I'll be doing some more hard looking next year when neither one of my kids qualifies for the Child pass. Right now I can average their cost. Once they're both having to pay full freight, it'll probably be youth passes for them and no more Adventure Camp, or maybe some sort of every other year leapfrog, I dunno. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I never said I was going elsewhere. Just that, for $699, I think I'm gonna wait it out and see what the options were. What if Icon has more blue days? Or maybe I'll mix it up a bit more next year. Besides how the hell would I survive without you telling me which lift to ski to, or how I should hold my my fucking skis over my shoulder.

Off peak passes are $519.00 

You could put the money towards an icon for times you want on the weekend and have bonus of other places? 

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

if Schif or Salty or JFDan or anybody said they are thinking of not buying a pass I’d be like WTF..why?? Cause I like seeing all of y’all at Blue..

Thanks for the shoutout. I'll keep skiing at Blue, since I don't ski with AtomicSkier I get to carry my Ripsticks however I want and don't get kicked off the 6 pack when there are 7 PASRs. Blue is the true mountain, you're my Boy Blue!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks for the shoutout. I'll keep skiing at Blue, since I don't ski with AtomicSkier I get to carry my Ripsticks however I want and don't get kicked off the 6 pack when there are 7 PASRs. Blue is the true mountain, you're my Boy Blue!!

The video you post the other day was rad..with a little bit of commentary.  If you wanna do a follow cam of me I’ll buy you a five pack of Yoo hoo has to be on challenge.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The video you post the other day was rad..with a little bit of commentary.  If you wanna do a follow cam of me I’ll buy you a five pack of Yoo hoo has to be on challenge.  

That would be rad. Maybe on gaper day I'll provide aerial photography services for free and give video commentary on who is winning the race down Challenge.

Edited by saltyant

21 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

image.thumb.png.52fe621c40ca5bce8891ee1a11bb0485.png

image.thumb.png.d68a62d830059a17a9533d5e2e9d9012.png

Now this is interesting. $200 to add on skiing at Camelback, no thanks. But add in the waterpark access, particularly the indoor waterpark, that's interesting. Wording is a little vague about if you get the perks of both mountains though, or only the one you buy from.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, saltyant said:

That would be rad. Maybe on gaper day I'll provide aerial photography services for free. 

And on topic I’m always going to encourage people to buy season passes or go on ski trips or buy skis or order the nachos if they’re gonna share.  

I remember several years ago you had a hotel booked at Stowe and it was a forecast of rain and you had the chance to fly to the Colorado and you were in the fence..and me best salesman convinced you to go..and you even went to the mint.  Next time visit @Barb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

Where is this discussion being held?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I get it and sorry I don’t think I blasted you…if Schif or Salty or JFDan or anybody said they are thinking of not buying a pass I’d be like WTF..why?? Cause I like seeing all of y’all at Blue..

Friends can ask questions and goof like atomic picking which lift…or saying how to carry skis..or him calling me a pussy if I choose to sleep in over skiing..or saying I ski slow which I do sometimes relatively…don’t let it bug you we all like seeing you at Blue and I’m not buying my pass till March or April and prob do payment plan..

You know the feeling is mutual. And if I came off defensive in my replies above I apologize. This crew, who I consider friends, obviously enjoy being around and have a ton of respect for, is one major reason (if not the biggest) that one doesn't just walk away from blue; and when things are good at blue they're really good. So Blue will never not be part of the equation..at least if and until I am physically no longer here. 

But the consumer side of the brain says...do you continue to fork over the pass $$, no matter the cost, given the number of gripes I / we've had (that have seemingly been higher this year). whether it be lifts, bad grooming, snow, sugar, questionable decisions, poor lighting, school groups, litter, crowds, lack of line management etc? But on the flip side, CB is never going to be an option, I like montage and JF but they aren't either at this point. so my brain goes back to...is there a way to get the good that comes with Blue without having to reward them for poor decisions by purchasing a pass yet again in Feb or March. It's quite the conundrum to be honest. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 4

The pricing is definitely giving me pause. One part of my brain says," just buy it" And the other part says, "build a spreadsheet to examine the cost/benefit vs other passes". 

Snowboarding/skiing is absolutely my favorite activity and I would really miss it and miss the parking lot if I didn't have a pass. That being said the price is getting so high that the value proposition isn't really as appealing. 

Devils advocate though, the price of everything has jumped. Wages, electric, steel for pipes, replacement parts for lifts, you name it. This is a pricy business and they can't give it away for free. 

There really isn't a good answer. My brain still prices a ski day in the Poconos between $50-70 and that's just not true anymore. The days of getting on the snow without a pass for under $100 are over so the pass makes more sense in that context. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You know the feeling is mutual. And if I came off defensive in my replies above I apologize. This crew, who I consider friends, obviously enjoy being around and have a ton of respect for, is one major reason (if not the biggest) that one doesn't just walk away from blue; and when things are good at blue they're really good. So Blue will never not be part of the equation..at least if and until I am physically no longer here. 

But the consumer side of the brain says...do you continue to fork over the pass $$, no matter the cost, given the number of gripes I / we've had (that have seemingly been higher this year). whether it be lifts, bad grooming, snow, sugar, questionable decisions, poor lighting, school groups, litter, crowds, lack of line management etc? But on the flip side, CB is never going to be an option, I like montage and JF but they aren't either at this point. so my brain goes back to...is there a way to get the good that comes with Blue without having to reward them for poor decisions by purchasing a pass yet again in Feb or March. It's quite the conundrum to be honest. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Overthinking bro.  Ultimately it comes down to what is the most convenient for you to get the best turns in that you can each year.  No sense in cutting nose to spite face over gripes with the place if indeed Blue is your best option still.  Just dont spend a penny at the property on anything but the pass, use the shit out of it and in the end, you got the best of Blue for your $$$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

The pricing is definitely giving me pause. One part of my brain says," just buy it" And the other part says, "build a spreadsheet to examine the cost/benefit vs other passes". 

Snowboarding/skiing is absolutely my favorite activity and I would really miss it and miss the parking lot if I didn't have a pass. That being said the price is getting so high that the value proposition isn't really as appealing. 

Devils advocate though, the price of everything has jumped. Wages, electric, steel for pipes, replacement parts for lifts, you name it. This is a pricy business and they can't give it away for free. 

There really isn't a good answer. My brain still prices a ski day in the Poconos between $50-70 and that's just not true anymore. The days of getting on the snow without a pass for under $100 are over so the pass makes more sense in that context. 

You’re correct…and I give props to those who need steezy pass to get to Blue!!  The price brain thing is just getting older coupled with a lot of inflation.  In our lifetimes we will see $100 burger and fries at mid tier restaurants.  Enjoy shit being so cheap. It will never be this cheap again. Prob still be able to get a pair of gas station glizzies for a couple bucks in the futures they’re made out of lips and asshole. 

• Haha 1