Zee Lights

skifreak

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re correct…and I give props to those who need steezy pass to get to Blue!!  The price brain thing is just getting older coupled with a lot of inflation.  In our lifetimes we will see $100 burger and fries at mid tier restaurants.  Enjoy shit being so cheap. It will never be this cheap again. Prob still be able to get a pair of gas station glizzies for a couple bucks in the futures they’re made out of lips and asshole. 

We’re already there…at least in Vegas.

10 hours ago, DiMe said:

Now i havent listened to this, and im not going to, but from the comments i have read on the other thread here.......this is from the guy that couldnt put two intelligent sentences together, and talked mostly about the water park and hotel?  

Just curious.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Now this is interesting. $200 to add on skiing at Camelback, no thanks. But add in the waterpark access, particularly the indoor waterpark, that's interesting. Wording is a little vague about if you get the perks of both mountains though, or only the one you buy from.

saw that too. also thought wording was vague. 

indoor waterpark access is a big add-on. i just went looking for it, but it's gone. a year or two ago they were selling full / partial season passes (3mo at a time). they were $$$$$$$$. struggling to find the rate somewhere.

archive org isn't really cooperating, but here was that landing page 

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Now i havent listened to this, and im not going to, but from the comments i have read on the other thread here.......this is from the guy that couldnt put two intelligent sentences together, and talked mostly about the water park and hotel?  

Just curious.  

Talked a lot of shit that me being a former employee found hilarious.  He stressed very hard on wanting to reduce employee turnover in managerial positions.

The potential for upgrading the Stevenson and other lifts but clarified nothing definitive yet.

Touched on Ikon and how it's effected both Blue and Camelback positively and negatively and their future outlook on it and hint at the potential Base Pass discount etc etc etc.

He's just another big money white collar.  Not a core ski industry guy by any means.  Camelback goes through GMs and whatever this guys role is like underwear.

Edited by DiMe

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Here’s a video of a snowball fight in the liftline from last month and our buddy from security handling everything.  I think this was the day it took them a long time to get all the lifts going. 

WJW, no respect for our brave men and women of Blue Mountain security.

13 hours ago, Schif said:

Snowboarding/skiing is absolutely my favorite activity and I would really miss it and miss the parking lot if I didn't have a pass. That being said the price is getting so high that the value proposition isn't really as appealing. 

There really isn't a good answer. My brain still prices a ski day in the Poconos between $50-70 and that's just not true anymore. The days of getting on the snow without a pass for under $100 are over so the pass makes more sense in that context. 

Reminds me of…

15705067-25D9-4978-9B05-6C8125C098E3.thumb.jpeg.f999a0727e1d231221bead239fea1af9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Benm said:

saw that too. also thought wording was vague. 

indoor waterpark access is a big add-on. i just went looking for it, but it's gone. a year or two ago they were selling full / partial season passes (3mo at a time). they were $$$$$$$$. struggling to find the rate somewhere.

archive org isn't really cooperating, but here was that landing page 

I know they do dynamic pricing like ski tickets now, so you have to choose a date to see prices. But it looks like a day ticket to the indoor park starts at $89. A season pass for the outdoor park can be had right now for $129. 

Given that, I can only imagine it's probably one visit each (or even one visit to both on the same day) and not any sort of unlimited access. And it still doesn't make sense for me, it would be a $200 upgrade for me and Walter, but an $820 upgrade for Grayson. Maybe if they keep it around and I'm paying full price for both of them in future years . . .

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m glad the barrier to entry for skiing/snowboarding is kind of high..otherwise it would be even more crowded. 

It's not so good for the longevity of the sport. But by the time that matters we'll probably all be dead from global warming anyway

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah not for people who ski Blue 2-4 days a week…and number of days would be 5 on the base Ikon pass and 7 on the full Ikon pass.  

14 days of Poconos skiing is a fair amount when it also gets you 7 in Catskills and unlimited in VT, Rockies, etc. 

Might be worth going to Blue less often to get all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

14 days of Poconos skiing is a fair amount when it also gets you 7 in Catskills and unlimited in VT, Rockies, etc. 

Is Wyndham the Catskill mountain you are thinking of?  I wouldn't be surprised to see them come off the Ikon pass since they are doing the private club thing.  I heard it was impossible to get an Ikon reservation there this year.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Who the fuck would want to ski camelback for 7 days lol one day of its free is plenty for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Just had a FB memory pop up that 6 years ago today I got Blue passes for 3 people (including 2 $99 6th grader passes) for a total of $599. I'd be willing to ski more than 14 days in the Poconos for a deal like that.

Six years ago prices were a lot less.  Have some more kids and you’ll be able to take advantage of the sixth grade deal again n

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Is Wyndham the Catskill mountain you are thinking of?  I wouldn't be surprised to see them come off the Ikon pass since they are doing the private club thing.  I heard it was impossible to get an Ikon reservation there this year.  

i think thats a solid bet that Wyndham CC is off the Ikon for next year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Here’s a video of a snowball fight in the liftline from last month and our buddy from security handling everything.  I think this was the day it took them a long time to get all the lifts going. 

He's the pot police too 🤣

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Eh... Too much driving and hotels for me. Once my 14 days in the Pokes are exhausted by early January, I don't feel like driving to Windham etc. It takes all day to make a trip there and back. Looks like Blue/CB/Epic again for me next year 

Edited by saltyant
  • Boner City 1

32 minutes ago, DiMe said:

He's the pot police too 🤣

Oh yeah?? Details. He’s a nice guy to me and the PASRs but I don’t know if he has the composure to deal with rich entitled skiers from the tri state area.  Working security at dorney where it’s a lot of teenage hood boogers is different. 

A lot less difference for me 

3:40 RT to Blue or Cbk

4:00 RT to JF or RTop

5:30 RT to Hunter

Given my strong preference for Catskill skiing it is often worth it to go to Hunter - particularly with option of going for 2 days and staying at Snowed Inn 10 minutes away for $70

Yeah Windham may be off Ikon next year - one of the things we will see when Ikon goes on sale and why I am waiting til then to make my decision. If there is no Catskill option (Plattekill seems the only likely replacement, or maybe Catamount which is more NY Berkshires), I will likely stick with Epic.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1