Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Also...the Big Wally video...my favorite line is at 2:50 "He jumped in Corbets with all the upper management types...I had enough of that scene so I went around the corner and jumped into S&S and met them at the bottom".  Wally died back in 2010 right before my trip out there when he got swept off a cliff in Cheyenne Bowl and now has the woods next to the bowl named after him.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/top_stories/patroller-buried-in-avalanche/article_db536931-3403-53d3-a79d-4418a037150d.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

ive always been interested in dougs drive from denver to JHole.  we were talking about it yesterday.  i always think a cross country road trip would be cool, but id probably get tired of it after 3 hours

The drive from Denver to Jackson hole is simply 70west to 15north to 80west to 191 north..513 miles maybe another 15 from the airport.  The adventure of my drive is that I already flew from philly to Chicago then Chicago to Jackson but my plane couldn't land in Jackson hole so was diverted to Denver then in Denver it took forever to get my bags then had to get a rental car then the second half of my drive was in a snowstorm. I've got to jaxkson hole in like 7 hours door to door allentown to JH and has taken me over 50 hours to get home.  That trip was over 24 hours door to door and I ended up staying an extra two nights on the back end and I missed some sleep but didn't miss any skiing. 

15 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Also...the Big Wally video...my favorite line is at 2:50 "He jumped in Corbets with all the upper management types...I had enough of that scene so I went around the corner and jumped into S&S and met them at the bottom".  Wally died back in 2010 right before my trip out there when he got swept off a cliff in Cheyenne Bowl and now has the woods next to the bowl named after him.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/top_stories/patroller-buried-in-avalanche/article_db536931-3403-53d3-a79d-4418a037150d.html

So are you going to ski Corbets, or just hype it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

GSSucks did you ski corbetts?

I have not, but I would love to ski it. Out of my 4 trips to Jackson it was open one day for about 2 hours before patrol shut it down because they hauled 6 people out on sleds. Once you get past the first two turns its all down hill......  

Just now, GSSucks said:

I have not, but I would love to ski it. Out of my 4 trips to Jackson it was open one day for about 2 hours before patrol shut it down because they hauled 6 people out on sleds. Once you get past the first two turns its all down hill......  

Corbetts is almost always closed and when it's open it's some of the worst snow on the mountain. I don't want to get injured.  Every trip to Jackson hole that I end not injured is an accomplishment to me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

That Corbets run looks easy. All you need is a GoPro to make a video like that and I already have one. Plus I can get down Marjies and even Cliffhanger now, which is a double black diamond, and that's basically the same thing.

That's what I was thinking! Plus you got those short, skinny, turny sticks so you could whip those turns no problem, I bet.

• Like 1