3/11...chilly and good snow. Zero to 100 real quick.

Hey All,

In back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 725am and it was in the mid teens under partly sunny sky's. As the morning progressed clouds increases and winds picked up keeping it cold. First run on razors was ok but a little solid but then found out that challenge was the run of the day and mainly skied that as the snowmakers blew pixie dust on it due to cold temperatures and low humidity and carbon county's best snowmaking.

In the house were JFDan, NMSki, Toast, Justo, Johnny Law, Enjorales and dad, MBike Mike, Tarponhead, Mrs Snowbunski, MBikes daughter, Nastar Glenn, Ryan, Marty, Indiggio and many more. Besides challenge Switchback was smooth and seemed like some new manmade or yesterday's new snow blended in well. Nightmare to Dreamweaver had nice chalky snow and a few slick spot. Upper Main Street was good lower was a little herky jerky and I skied the full mile as well which was pretty nice. A week ago people were mourning the ski season, now people are optimistic it could go pretty long.

The polar vortex is locked in place and a humdinger of a snowstorm is on the horizon. Looks like similar peak mid winter conditions tomorrow morning as well. After skiing had some beer and MBike grilled up some mad steezy beef and cheese sangs which hit the spot..temperature rose into the low 20s by noon. Ski everybody later!!!post-512-0-19663700-1489260782_thumb.jpeg

Everybody remember set your clocks forward an hour tomorrow.

post-512-0-54921500-1489260772_thumb.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 5

I was very surprised that the usual first chair group of PASER's was not the first chair group this morning. I guess Atomic Jeff is the one who keeps an eye on the time? The skiing was very good today. The interesting thing today was what GSS alluded to in his post, there was a hint of opening day type happiness in the crowd. This cold snap feels like it is extending the season, making it feel as if we are getting a second season. The optimism was infectious.   

• Like 3

It was too cold today so i didnt go. Call me whatever.

Ill be up tomorrow

See you tomorrow.

I was very surprised that the usual first chair group of PASER's was not the first chair group this morning. I guess Atomic Jeff is the one who keeps an eye on the time? The skiing was very good today. The interesting thing today was what GSS alluded to in his post, there was a hint of opening day type happiness in the crowd. This cold snap feels like it is extending the season, making it feel as if we are getting a second season. The optimism was infectious.

[/quote

I saw your poney tail in front of me in line and said what's up but think you had your headpod on. Challenge was so good...three great sessions in the last 48 hours...spring snow, pow and the best manmade...woooooo gotta get every good day you can!!!

We appear to have a month of winter ahead of us...

Let's hope for two months!!! Maybe can be like the winter of 1816 where it snowed every month of the year in the northeast!!! Reminds me of the Warren Miller movie Endless Winter...the lake across the stree from my crib is gonna freeze in the next few days..the stoke market is rising!!!! I'm still like 700 posts behind in the accuwearher Storm thread but it looks like we could get a humdinger Tuesday. I'm walking on sunshine on 311 day....

Yeah. How crazy is this season? I have something to look forward to when I return. At this point, I may be stuck in Denver. Leaving SLC Tuesday am. Connecting flight Denver to Philadelphia. May be delayed if you guys get hammered with snow. Guess that is better than being delayed on the way here!

Yeah. How crazy is this season? I have something to look forward to when I return. At this point, I may be stuck in Denver. Leaving SLC Tuesday am. Connecting flight Denver to Philadelphia. May be delayed if you guys get hammered with snow. Guess that is better than being delayed on the way here!

You likely have the option to postpone travel till Wednesday for no change fee

• Like 1

See you tomorrow.

[/quote

I saw your poney tail in front of me in line and said what's up but think you had your headpod on. Challenge was so good...three great sessions in the last 48 hours...spring snow, pow and the best manmade...woooooo gotta get every good day you can!!!

I don't wear any devices while skiing, so I just didn't hear you, my apology.