Jump to content

Alpine Touring (skinning) vs. hiking


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm doing my best Doug here and resurrecting an old thread. 

 

I need some suggestions on where to get a touring bindings mounted. Any suggestions? I know touring rigs are a little bit of a different beast so any recommendations would be appreciated. I also know Buckmans takes forever but if they do it well then it might be worth it. 

 

 

I’d suggest just going to Buckmans or calling Blue to see if they can. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Schif said:

I'm doing my best Doug here and resurrecting an old thread. 

 

I need some suggestions on where to get a touring bindings mounted. Any suggestions? I know touring rigs are a little bit of a different beast so any recommendations would be appreciated. I also know Buckmans takes forever but if they do it well then it might be worth it. 

 

 

What'd you get? I'm looking to replace my touring setup (see photo above) with something much lighter, but I'm being very slow on actually pulling the trigger and buying anything. Need new boots, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

What'd you get? I'm looking to replace my touring setup (see photo above) with something much lighter, but I'm being very slow on actually pulling the trigger and buying anything. Need new boots, too.

I didn't get anything, asking for a friend

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for touring setups, I have a bunch of stuff I'd part with cheap.

188 ski logik bombsquads skied maybe twice with the native graphic with twice used tyrolia adrenaline 16's.

27.5 technica concise pro light tech fitting boots used once. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, Johnny Law said:

If anyone is looking for touring setups, I have a bunch of stuff I'd part with cheap.

188 ski logik bombsquads skied maybe twice with the native graphic with twice used tyrolia adrenaline 16's.

27.5 technica concise pro light tech fitting boots used once. 

 

 

 

you don't for some completely random but not at all surprising reason have a set of P14/18s with CAST plates laying around, do you? I'm slightly curious about the boots, but haven't tried anything from tecnica on in years and i dunno if i'm gonna enough to rock the bright orange ski instructor's choice boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, Justo8484 said:

you don't for some completely random but not at all surprising reason have a set of P14/18s with CAST plates laying around, do you? I'm slightly curious about the boots, but haven't tried anything from tecnica on in years and i dunno if i'm gonna enough to rock the bright orange ski instructor's choice boot.

I don't but my cousin has some laying around in his basement as he pretty much quit skiing. I'll ask him about them.

They are the green and black ones, your welcome to try them out at blue any time. They don't fit my feet and it looks like I'm moving soon so and i gotta pair down my gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't but my cousin has some laying around in his basement as he pretty much quit skiing. I'll ask him about them.
They are the green and black ones, your welcome to try them out at blue any time. They don't fit my feet and it looks like I'm moving soon so and i gotta pair down my gear.

Sweet. My 110s met their demise yesterday at frost so the quiver overhaul is getting out into motion sooner than expected. Would love to get a set of cast plates with pivots for my low/mid 100 waist ski that replaces the 110s instead of the guardians I currently have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

This is awesome! I feel like there is a learning curve, and I am definitely still learning. But it’s a great way to extend your season and get away from the crowds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barb said:

This is awesome! I feel like there is a learning curve, and I am definitely still learning. But it’s a great way to extend your season and get away from the crowds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we'll have to do some touring in your familiar zones before Telluride next year :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 5:23 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Well, I'm working on joining the touring crew.  Deals have too good to pass up.  Picked up some Lange XT Free 130 LVs which are considerably lighter than my RS130s, have a tour mode (more cuff movement), and have tech inserts.  Also, picked up Atomic (Salomon) Shift bindings which are a tech pin binding on the way up, and a true alpine toe/heel on the way down.  They're going to be mounted on some Kastle FX96HPs in 180cm.  It's not the lightest setup in the world, but all 3 pieces are compromises towards increase downhill performance.  It will certainly be the lightest ski/binding/boot combo by far in my quiver.

I'll get some skins sometime between now and next year.  Also need to get them mounted. 

0848D61F-2DA6-47F8-BAE2-FAD51AF20004_1_201_a.jpeg

Woot! Woot! We’re binding twins. Hope you love them. 

Welcome to the club! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...