1/26/19...nice snow..moderate crowds.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I pulled into the lower lot at 720am and it was around 20 degrees under partly sunny sky’s. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, employee who parks in our row, Johnny Law, Antman Toast, Ryan, PARidge, Mute, GSSucks, Schifdawg, Indiggio, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, MBike mike, Nastar Glenn, Nastar Glenn’s daughter, Mrs snowbunski and many others. 

Razors was closed for races..first run was on challenge which was pretty smooth but also lipstick on a pig conditions, Main Street was a carpet was very grippy and nice..a little slow but you can’t have everything. Nightmare to dreamweaver had real nice cord earlier and switchback was nice initially as well.  Crowds were moderate and no lift lines until close to 930 and later after I was done skiing looked like the lines backed up to the scanners which isn’t that crazy for mid season. Total Asian invasion and definitely some folks out for their first time for the season. 

Parking lot was fun..today was snack Sunday with cheese balls and cheddar horseradish kettle cooked chips..elite stud and tomorrow is sausage Sunday and the weather looks nice...Some nice quality runs the first hour and based on what people said conditions remained good at least past noon. JADIP

• Like 3

A lot of fun. Made my daughter get out of bed and go with me. First runs of the year on NMDW and Switchback...God how I missed them so! Each were spectacular. Great conditions everywhere except challenge which was cookiefied. Great morning... probably going back tonight for the winterfest and to ski with my 9 yo.

Pics below of my kid and a few others on switchback and a gate shot. Yeah I know the race team sucks but it looked cool

2d8de726fa65736372b9d6ad2681b6f9.jpgff46075cc226438b8576f72b44500d94.jpg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

A lot of fun. Made my daughter get out of bed and go with me. First runs of the year on NMDW and Switchback...God how I missed them so! Each were spectacular. Great conditions everywhere except challenge which was cookiefied. Great morning... probably going back tonight for the winterfest and to ski with my 9 yo.

Pics below of my kid and a few others on switchback and a gate shot. Yeah I know the race team sucks but it looked cool

2d8de726fa65736372b9d6ad2681b6f9.jpgff46075cc226438b8576f72b44500d94.jpg

Thanks for the switchback tip got a fully empty run on it!!

• Like 1

Today was awesome. The snow was fantastic, but switchback got a little slick by the end of the morning. Big thanks to @JFskiDan who hooked me up with some K2 shreditors  to demo today. Those things skied like a dream and also for thanks for hanging with me for a bit since I know I'm not exactly fast and I was like a bull in a china shop in the lift line. I got all over the mountain today and skied everything this side of the main street chair except Nightmare, Razors and Challenge. Tomorrow I might venture to the other side of the main street chair to check out the activities of the Winter Carnival. 

Overall it was a kick ass day. Dan, just let me know if you want a 32 oz of : Meme Fatigue Hazy IPA Dry Hopped with Mosaic & Simcoe / 7.2%, or Schmoojee Peach Tart Cherry Heavily Fruited Sour Ale with Lactose / 7.0% as a down payment on the rental. 

• Like 3