Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

37 minutes ago, Shadows said:

You certainly root for boulder a lot more than blue. 

Blue isn't going to get cold enough to even have a chance of opening next weekend and Boulder could pull it off if it does get cold. Blue probably didn't get the lifts inspected yet or even pull out the guns.

Monarch Mountain opened today with 22 trails. They have zero snow making its all natural. Impressive since usually mountains open with one T2B trail. They used to have a deal if you showed your CO season pass you could get a $40 lift ticket but now that everything is Epikonic I think that stopped. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Barb said:

Monarch Mountain opened today with 22 trails. They have zero snow making its all natural. Impressive since usually mountains open with one T2B trail. They used to have a deal if you showed your CO season pass you could get a $40 lift ticket but now that everything is Epikonic I think that stopped. 

I just looked it up $94 for lift tickets at monarch mountain wow..discounts if you buy online ahead of time.  This guy sucks at skiing powder..gotta be lighter on his feet...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just looked it up $94 for lift tickets at monarch mountain wow..discounts if you buy online ahead of time.  This guy sucks at skiing powder..gotta be lighter on his feet...

This is great!! It makes me very excited to go to Colorado again to ski real authentic Powder. I certainly Powder skied at least 3x better than this gaper, since I was on RTMs.

Killington opens tomorrow at 11 with the walkway in both directions. They’ve been able to keep the guns on for about 36 hours and coverage looks pretty good on the webcams. Sunday River might be able to pull off a surprise opening tomorrow afternoon, but they may just wait until next weekend. There’s a solid chance they are the first t2b mountain open with the cold temps settling in after Wednesday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

9 hours ago, saltyant said:

This is great!! It makes me very excited to go to Colorado again to ski real authentic Powder. I certainly Powder skied at least 3x better than this gaper, since I was on RTMs.

Surprised that perder wasn't used in either of these posts.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

How much does a hotel house cost? Do you get rewards points? You can probably stay lots of places with those points for free ninety nine.

No rewards program but I get double points for hotels and restaurants on my united airlines credit card.  I’ve spent between $35 and $51 per night at my hotel house during the last 2 years and I book on a 28 night basis..that works out to about $1100-$1500 a month..for that I get housekeeping every other week, cable, WiFi that I don’t use(unlimited data), electric, heat and one ply TP..it’s not even about the money I just like hotel living.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No rewards program but I get double points for hotels and restaurants on my united airlines credit card.  I’ve spent between $35 and $51 per night at my hotel house during the last 2 years and I book on a 28 night basis..that works out to about $1100-$1500 a month..for that I get housekeeping every other week, cable, WiFi that I don’t use(unlimited data), electric, heat and one fly TP..it’s not even about the money I just like hotel living.  

Do they give you a discount for an extended stay? The only rooms I could find for $31 a night are hot sheets joints.