Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

I think it’s an interesting idea. More and more people wanting to get into the sport. Looks ideal for someone new to try out their gear and see how they like it. But dangerous in the sense that the same person then thinks they have all the knowledge and goes out in more dangerous terrain with no education.

I personally wish I could find a mentor to take me to some new places and learn some more. Seems like around here people fall into 2 category’s; new (like me) or very seasoned and not wanting to take the time to babysit someone (which I completely understand).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Barb said:

I think it’s an interesting idea. More and more people wanting to get into the sport. Looks ideal for someone new to try out their gear and see how they like it. But dangerous in the sense that the same person then thinks they have all the knowledge and goes out in more dangerous terrain with no education.

I personally wish I could find a mentor to take me to some new places and learn some more. Seems like around here people fall into 2 category’s; new (like me) or very seasoned and not wanting to take the time to babysit someone (which I completely understand).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might just have to hire a guide if you want to try medium hard stuff.  

@Barb have you been to FOBP events? I’ve met friends at the parking lot of Berthoud. They do a free avy awareness class on the snow. I did my level 1 before but it’s a great refresher and a way to meet more people into staying safe in the BC. (www.berthoudpass.org/on-snow-sessions.html)

also loved the Backcountry Babes group in Breckenridge. Met a bunch of other badass female skiers and learned of new spots in Summit County. https://m.facebook.com/BackcountryBabe/

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 1

6ebd1755fe07a56a51b0b93245cb4c27.jpg

Found this awesome off grid yurt in Marble for rent. When I sent the link to my friend of course she said we have to check it out immediately. Heading there early March for a few days. Don’t have to skin in, 4WD road and park right in front. Marble has some good secluded backcountry ski spots I am looking forward to checking out. I have only been to Marble in summer, but it is such a cool little area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Barb said:

6ebd1755fe07a56a51b0b93245cb4c27.jpg

Found this awesome off grid yurt in Marble for rent. When I sent the link to my friend of course she said we have to check it out immediately. Heading there early March for a few days. Don’t have to skin in, 4WD road and park right in front. Marble has some good secluded backcountry ski spots I am looking forward to checking out. I have only been to Marble in summer, but it is such a cool little area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks like an awesome experience! Can't wait to hear more about that trip.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, Ride Delaware ? said:

I am told that skier visits for Killington are now back over 1 million a year, but I’m told they are still down from the all time high in the 80s when they hit 1.3 million.

RideDE when are you gonna write a report for your Colorado trip??