Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

• 2 weeks later...

Abasin reopening on Wednesday. There will be a reservation system and they will sell a limited number of spots and no tailgating. I am going to see how it plays out and might possibly try to get a reservation after a few weeks when things die down. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Barb said:

Abasin reopening on Wednesday. There will be a reservation system and they will sell a limited number of spots and no tailgating. I am going to see how it plays out and might possibly try to get a reservation after a few weeks when things die down. 

Have fun and if you wait a few weeks they’ll run out of snow.  If I lived there I’d be more than comfortable going with their reservation system and social distancing measure but I’m not comfortable getting on a 3.5 hour flight right now....I’m gonna make up for this pandemic shortened ski season bigly next season. 

Yeah, snowpack here going fast. We have had a lot of 80’s low 90’s days here already. I am really out of ski mindset but would also kind of like to get one more downhill day in so I don’t end my season on a concussion. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Barb said:

Yeah, snowpack here going fast. We have had a lot of 80’s low 90’s days here already. I am really out of ski mindset but would also kind of like to get one more downhill day in so I don’t end my season on a concussion. 

A lot of buzz in the Ikon group. People talking about flying in from Boston. I think with limited ticket sales combined with pent up deman only a small percentage of people who want to ski or ride will be able to those days.  Apparently short term lodging also opens back up in summit county May 26

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

Surprised frontier isnt doing priority/package deals. 

Not that i want to fly right now, but i wouldnt even consider frontier if they paid me, since their business model is to fly you to three other airports before getting you to your final destination. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Abasin’s reservation system crashed.  Had a feeling that would happen.  People going nuts on FB bitching, I mean just be happy they are reopening.  600 reservations able to be taken per day and only 30 of those are non-Pass holder tickets to purchase. It is pretty cool of them to reopen since they will be making zero money on passholders. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 7:35 PM, JFskiDan said:

Not that i want to fly right now, but i wouldnt even consider frontier if they paid me, since their business model is to fly you to three other airports before getting you to your final destination. 

I think that's Ski2live's business model, not Frontier.  Frontier is based out of Denver, so usually direct flights to CO are available.  Not that I'm defending Frontier, as I never have, and never will fly them to CO...but flying to a place like FL or NC where I'm not bringing a lot of gear and stuff with Frontier is fine and cost effective

11 hours ago, Barb said:

Abasin’s reservation system crashed.  Had a feeling that would happen.  People going nuts on FB bitching, I mean just be happy they are reopening.  600 reservations able to be taken per day and only 30 of those are non-Pass holder tickets to purchase. It is pretty cool of them to reopen since they will be making zero money on passholders. 

I feel like only giving 5% of the spots to non passholders is pretty crappy.  

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah less than 6%...somebody in the Ikon group has a family of five and he said will be nearly impossible for them to all ski together. 

Like .. there's no friends on a powder day ... there's no friends when skiing in May & June when there are only (max) 5 ski resorts open worldwide. 

It’s crazy that we are still talking (and some people enjoying) about Skison 19/20. I figured when things shut down mid March that it would basically be the end until October 2020. My season has been over since Feb 4, but I’m looking forward to getting back out there ASAP. I’d really like to get up to QC since I doubt I’ll fly, but if there are some ridiculously good deals, I might.

It’s crazy that we are still talking (and some people enjoying) about Skison 19/20. I figured when things shut down mid March that it would basically be the end until October 2020. My season has been over since Feb 4, but I’m looking forward to getting back out there ASAP. I’d really like to get up to QC since I doubt I’ll fly, but if there are some ridiculously good deals, I might.

Why on February 4th?
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

February 4th WTF...Flying should be fine this coming season...you should at least come to Blue sometime next season. 

Why on February 4th?

I got back from Colorado on the 4th, had to put 3 weeks in at the office (new project coordination etc), then I had a time sensitive issue with the project, and I just wasn’t able to get away. I was supposed to leave the around the 15th for 3 weeks, and then they all started dropping like flies.