Sugarbush 1/25/20

Schif

Nice report dude and WTGAI

The "mountains stitched together part" is one reason I dig the Face. One base area with three different peaks that leads you back down to the same base area via lots of vert. Doesn't feel like your skiing 1000 ft vert pods like Gore or Killlington (not sure if that's how SB skis...never been). Most people probably don't mind that but for me it's a thing for some reason (probably the whole vertically challenged PA thing). That said SB is really the only area in the east that I've yet to ski but want to.

12 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

yea I'm a 'bush fan as well, love the terrain and the food/beer in the the mad river valley. you get to Lawsons schif? Headed back in March again if winter ever comes

Didn't make it to Lawsons but I had a Sip of Sunshine at the Salt Hill Pub in Lebanon, NH which was close to the hotel. I'm pretty sure that I was in @SallyCat's neck of the woods. 

I think the hotel we found for night two might be the new spot to post up around there. 

• Like 1

Adding to @Schif TR report

The Stag Rack is awesome. I know a bunch of people who use it in the PNW, Colorado, and Utah. It's more than just a suction cup. Check it out. It's easy on and off and significantly less expensive than a traditional rack. https://www.stagrack.com/

13 hours ago, Shadows said:

Suction cup ski rack. Hell no

The top of Mt Ellen was wild. The headwind made it feel like the mountain didn't want you to ski down. It was only a little cold...... Here's a short video from the top of Ellen. https://imgur.com/9r2bQhm

But, it wasn't all ice and white out conditions. Early in the day at Sugarbush, there were clear views and open runs.

MtEllen 2020 0125.jpg

Sugarbush-nancy 2020 0125 coldaf.jpg

Sugarbush-nancy 2020 0125.jpg

Sugarbush-schif 2020 0125.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I think the hotel we found for night two might be the new spot to post up around there. 

The Holiday Inn near Grand River Junction, VT was huge. It had covered parking and could easily sleep 6 people for about $120/night. Only downside is there's no hot tub. As @Schif's lifestyle photographer, I captured this before we left.

HolidayInn-GrandRiverJunctionVT-01.jpg

HolidayInn-GrandRiverJunctionVT-02.jpg

Edited by skiincy
  • Like 6

Mt Ellen is a lot of fun and a great place to escape to when Lincoln peak gets too crowded. Never seems to get too crowded over there and there’s some good terrain to be had off of that summit lift by the mid lodge (can’t remember the name of it).