Verbier, 4 Vallées, & Zermatt

toast21602

Some trivia for you aviation nerds: the 757 (narrow body) and the 767 (wide body) share a common type rating allowing pilots to fly either plane.  The cockpits and handling characteristics are almost identical.  I believe it's the only single/twin aisle combo that shares a type rating.  Other aircraft like A319/320 also share a type rating, but they're the same aircraft sans a little stretch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's the first stop?

Where is all the luggage riding on the train? Shelf on top, dedicated place in each car? Enough space for all passengers and their skis?

Is Switzerland life breaking the bank yet?

Edited by eaf
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, eaf said:

What's the first stop?

Where is all the luggage riding on the train? Shelf on top, dedicated place in each car? Enough space for all passengers and their skis?

Plenty of space, eaf. We’re doing just fine. 

• Love 1

After a smooth flight, comfy bedding @mute1080, and an on time arrival, I really appreciate Swiss efficiency.  Touchdown to passport control to baggage claim to moving on the train in 30 minutes.  I’m enroute to the boys as we speak.  I should be there between 1:30 and 2pm.  

Remember boys and girls we’re only 5 hours ahead of you right now due to DST taking effect in the US.

E6E73E33-A359-4AC9-8027-6FAAB1BDC61A.jpeg

D06A1556-1DA9-4A75-92D1-0927FB9DB25D.jpeg

2B6BD5D3-14AD-41AF-BF6C-362B39C2F9F7.jpeg

E0738D2F-C2B3-4BD7-B85D-B8AC63467297.jpeg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, eaf said:

What's the first stop?

Plenty of room up top for my massive ski bag.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@JFskiDan to answer your travel time question.  I left my house at 3:15pm yesterday and I arrive in Verbier in 30 minutes so that’ll put me at 17 hours.  I left early for the airport as my dad had a dinner reservation.  Probably could’ve been 16 if not for that?  Pretty much no real other wasted time.

Views on the train to Martigny weren’t bad, either.

9C92B3F0-2D69-464C-B788-C48F546BE5F7.jpeg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looks good except for the part where you got stuck on flats. 

Yeah, now I see why Atomic would take two pairs of skis on these trips. Gotta love cross-country.

What do you think they carry in those backpacks?

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, now I see why Atomic would take two pairs of skis on these trips. Gotta love cross-country.

What do you think they carry in those backpacks?

Water snacks shoes and an extra layer...Eaf do you ski with a backpack in Europe?  I don’t even have a backpack they suck. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Water snacks shoes and an extra layer...Eaf do you ski with a backpack in Europe?  I don’t even have a backpack they suck. 

Wow, I thought it was for trackers or some sort of avalanche gear. I have to say, these look quite color coordinated, I'd carry them just for the looks.

Nah, I ski groomers, hence there is no need to carry extra stuff around.